T junction on top of fuel filter

lee.911

Hi guys ,just a quick question,does the plastic T junction on the top of the fuel filter have a O ring inside it as the new one I purchased doesn't appear to have one fitted. I have had a few times lately that I have to (technical term coming up) wiggle the T junction about sometimes to get the van to start as if there is a air leak .

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
That temp controlled return fuel valve has an O-ring, as your old one should show.
It is important to state which year or engine your Sprinter has to get the best answers, and this can be added to your "signature" so you only have to write it once.

MikeHowe

2003 Sprinter 413 CDi
Hi guys ,just a quick question,does the plastic T junction on the top of the fuel filter have a O ring inside it as the new one I purchased doesn't appear to have one fitted. I have had a few times lately that I have to (technical term coming up) wiggle the T junction about sometimes to get the van to start as if there is a air leak .
On my 03 I replaced the t junction because I thought that's where my air leak was. I think from memory the fuel filter has the o-ring on it, not the t junction. Anyway this wasn't the source of the air leak, it was the water in fuel sensor on the bottom of the fuel filter. This is very common on 02 and 03 sprinters but not on later models, so it depends what yours is (if you list your year, model, engine etc you'll get much better help from the forum members).

Mike

Top Bottom