MB Melt Down

Sparky4

Recently our MB failed after 59 uses. The gears on the left side jumped track and grinded everything up, it all began with loud bump, bump, bump noises. LTV was fantastic, I selected an RV service professional, LTV shipped all new tracks and after 5 hours of work we replaced the entire MB gears. Again, LTV was the simply the best!!!!

If you ever have an issue with your MB, I know the system backward and forward and LTV will give you 100% support.

We are living in our MB Unity for 6 months a year so we may be really putting it through its paces.

The only other issue we have , the backsplash in the kitchen separated from the back wall only when it goes over 75 degrees outside, some silicone will fix the issue.

I have written a long list of recommendations to the design team at LTV to consider. Just a few....

Dimmers on all lights.
Eliminate that mini blind in the galley, MCD.
Eliminate the drapes in the bath window, MCD.
Install a European facet in the bath that swings to the side.
Install a rain shower head in the shower, dump the hand held cheap unit.
Offer a much larger flat screen TV and Samsung/LG.
Install a sleek stainless micro wave, the black is dated.
Develop automated front window shades like on the Class A busses, drapes need to go.
Offer a Jack Knife electric sofa in the MB model, open up the living area and use that wonderful window in the slide area..... we are doing this over the off season months.
Offer more electrical plugs lower near counter height.
Offer a fantastic fan in the bathroom.

LTV makes a great product, we have people weekly stop by and marvel at the quality, they do a really good job in this day and age!!!!!!!!!!!

joeframer44

2014 Unity MB/U-lounge
Recently our MB failed after 59 uses. The gears on the left side jumped track and grinded everything up, it all began with loud bump, bump, bump noises. LTV was fantastic, I selected an RV service professional, LTV shipped all new tracks and after 5 hours of work we replaced the entire MB gears. Again, LTV was the simply the best!!!!

If you ever have an issue with your MB, I know the system backward and forward and LTV will give you 100% support.

We are living in our MB Unity for 6 months a year so we may be really putting it through its paces.

The only other issue we have , the backsplash in the kitchen separated from the back wall only when it goes over 75 degrees outside, some silicone will fix the issue.

I have written a long list of recommendations to the design team at LTV to consider. Just a few....

Dimmers on all lights.
Eliminate that mini blind in the galley, MCD.
Eliminate the drapes in the bath window, MCD.
Install a European facet in the bath that swings to the side.
Install a rain shower head in the shower, dump the hand held cheap unit.
Offer a much larger flat screen TV and Samsung/LG.
Install a sleek stainless micro wave, the black is dated.
Develop automated front window shades like on the Class A busses, drapes need to go.
Offer a Jack Knife electric sofa in the MB model, open up the living area and use that wonderful window in the slide area..... we are doing this over the off season months.
Offer more electrical plugs lower near counter height.
Offer a fantastic fan in the bathroom.

LTV makes a great product, we have people weekly stop by and marvel at the quality, they do a really good job in this day and age!!!!!!!!!!!
I like many of the items on your list. I definitely think the drapes are out of place in such a sleek euro design. I believe that due to a fire safety concern you can't do an MCD in the galley window. We are going to install the Remis front window blinds and take out the drape. Look at the shower fixture in the new Serenity, this should be in the MB too. The tv, bigger is always better. I understand utilizing the nice window better would be nice, but do you really want to sacrifice the comfort of the queen mattress? I know that costs are always an issue for manufacturers, but when we are already north of $130K msrp, what's another few hundred dollars or so? Sorry to hear about your MB failure.

Joe

mumkin

LTV maintains their reputation as an organization which is always good to deal with...

Most of the things on your list don't matter either way to me for my unit. Except... I absolutely positively would NOT want a "rain shower" and only use hand helds. It is certainly NOT a cheap system. I love the shower set-up in my Libero and would loathe a rain shower... in fact, would have to replace it... with a hand-held. LOL

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
LTV maintains their reputation as an organization which is always good to deal with...

Most of the things on your list don't matter either way to me for my unit. Except... I absolutely positively would NOT want a "rain shower" and only use hand helds. It is certainly NOT a cheap system. I love the shower set-up in my Libero and would loathe a rain shower... in fact, would have to replace it... with a hand-held. LOL
I agree with this; rain showers would consume too much water.

sailquik

Sparky 4,
Why in the world would you even use the term MB (I hope it's an abbreviation for something other than Mercedes Benz) in regard to the totally
aftermarket UPFITTER installed/responsibility stuff that broke on your RV.
None of the things you say you had issues with will be on your data card (the complete inventory of what was used to build into your Sprinter at the Sprinter Cab/Chassis factory in Germany.
LTV may be fantastic to work with, but they are totally responsible for installing all the "stuff" (I'm being nice here) that failed in your RV.
None of it was installed at the factory in Germany, none of it was shipped to the USA with your cab/chassis....so ALL of it is aftermarket
"stuff" that LTV installed poorly!
Roger

Eastbayview

2012 Unity MB
Perhaps the use of different wording in the title would have made things clearer.
MB in this case is the Murphy Bed slide mechanism that failed not anything related to the Mercedes Benz chassis it is built on.
The title did get my attention as it did with others.

rdvan@sbcglobal.net

2017 Unity MB
Sparky,
Can you be a little more detailed either on this forum or on a private mail? I have a 2014 Unity MB and I guarantee you this will happen to me. Was your bedding heavy since it is winter time? Did the bedding pillows or anything get caught up in the gearing or are there any precautions we can take to prevent this from happening to us? I don't think I was meant to RV because I have had every problem known to mankind in previous motorhomes. I have talked to LTV about buying a spare motor, but they are expensive, and they really didn't think that I need to do that. Yeah right. I suppose I need to think about buying the gear track also? There is nothing worse than having a trip ruined by an RV failure. All of the planning, scheduled stops, reservations, etc., go out the door and you are either stuck on the side of the road or in a grungy hotel room. I like most of your suggestions to the factory, but I really don't think they listen or else they are never in a motorhome. I have a few of what I call, "What were they thinking ?" items myself. Also, I would really like to know what is involved in manually lowering and raising the bed. Like I said, this will happen to me, and I need to be ready. If you have the time sometime, I would really appreciate hearing your experience on this. Thanks for your post.
R. D. Vanderslice
rdvan@sbcglobal.net
Rockwall, Texas
2014 Unity MB on and 2014 Chassis

Sparky4

The MB stands for Murphy Bed not Mercedes Benz, sorry.

The only reason we may remove the Murphy Bed is over the long run we believe we will experience further issues after prolonged use and we would like to use the beautiful window on the slide during the day. Giving up the queen bed would be a compromise but that is part of the RV experience.

We stand by LTV they are a great company and we cannot say enough about the service, they answer all our email by the next day and return calls same day, even Dean during the order process was fantastic.

If anyone would like to call me and discuss our experience with the Murphy Bed please do so, if I am away from my cell leave me a brief message and I will call you back ASAP.

214-538-4626.

Its great to share information about our coaches............

Thank you all.

mumkin

I disagree that LTV doesn't listen to what we RVers want. When I had my unit built in 2011, I complained about the small galley sink with that puny faucet... and requested that, if possible, could they use the sink/faucet system that at that time was only used in the EEE GT25. They did a bit of a re-design with my idea... and from then, they used it on all of the units.

I also requested a different radio/GPS because the one installed at that time has a teeny tiny little screen that can only be read if your face is less than 8 inches from said screen. They were unable to do it for me, but the next year, all of their units had a different larger screened system.

Francois

I disagree that LTV doesn't listen to what we RVers want. When I had my unit built in 2011, I complained about the small galley sink with that puny faucet... and requested that, if possible, could they use the sink/faucet system that at that time was only used in the EEE GT25. They did a bit of a re-design with my idea... and from then, they used it on all of the units.

I also requested a different radio/GPS because the one installed at that time has a teeny tiny little screen that can only be read if your face is less than 8 inches from said screen. They were unable to do it for me, but the next year, all of their units had a different larger screened system.
Well mumkin that was in 2011... Their sale department is now overload and the plant resist to make changes to a busy production chain! Too bad since that was making them different from competition.

mumkin

Naturally, it is a matter of demand. LTV was always open to changes, and EEE has not been since they purchased LTV. Much depends on timing and whether one's request is big or small - and if it makes sense to do the engineering that will give them future benefit. (as both the sink/faucet and radio change did) Because I was in no hurry, my unit kept being moved to the end of the line - giving them time. Thus this convenience for them probably made them more amenable to my requests. There were actually 5 or 6 or 7 changes that they couldn't do for me.

One can't expect them to make changes once work has begun... and if you visit the factory, you would understand why.

Kozad

I can only speak from our experience; LTV has been excellent in adding and changing items on our order. I am though not positive where our unit is in the build process at this point in time; just every time we have requested an addition, replacement or change, our salesperson has promptly received a response from LTV.

More times than not that response has been positive and accommodating.

So, no complaints from us..... we are very pleased!

Top Bottom