PDA

View Full Version : 2005 dodge Sprinter loses turbo at 75mph

ozzychotto
02-22-2014, 04:27 AM
Hi everyone. My sprinter had its turbo give out 5k miles ago, at 65k. I had to replace it completely, and although the technician said it didn't break up into little pieces, I'm not counting on their judgement when trying to decide how to fix the car now. Since the replacement of the turbo, here is the problem:

After driving for 2 hours at 70 mph, the turbo will give out and only go 60 with the pedal floored. I turn off the car and turn it back on, and it runs fine, but can't exceed 65 for the rest of the trip, or it will happen again. Most of the time I'm carrying somewhat heavy load, but sometimes not, it happens the same either way. After it happens twice, check engine light reports "low boost pressure"

Like I said, I've replaced resonator, resonator clamp, o2 sensor, and inter cooler hose. The last time I brought it back to the repair shop they said that my exhaust is leaking at the clamp where the flex pipe is connected to rest of exhaust, and said that the Venturi Effect is what's causing low boost pressure.

If anyone can offer any help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

glas1700
02-22-2014, 06:44 AM
This is the same message you posted here on 2/9/14. What do you expect to gain by posting it again? Did you get your exhaust leak repaired? Did you take it to a dealer for another scan? You've never replied to the good answers you received.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31222&highlight=Venturi+Effect

lindenengineering
02-22-2014, 07:59 PM
There's a bulletin on this issue for 2005's

First scan for intake pressure sensor.
Often found wrong check part number on the sensor --starts with A005 etc. Check this number against the vin # with the dealer. It has been superceded several times but it is essential to get the right part installed. If installed wrong it will not interface properly with the MAP (Dodge nomenclature) or boost pressure sensor as MB calls it.
This will cause higher pressure boost figures and over boost conditions--limp mode!

All easy stuff!
Dennis