PDA

View Full Version : Front seat slider bolt pattern

Shock96
02-22-2014, 01:50 AM
Hey everyone! My first post here. I don't own a Sprinter! Say waaaa?

I have a 1982 Ford Econoline E350 4x4 van! Actually it is a converted ambulance. :)

I just bought a pile of 2008 Sprinter rear seats and I am thinking of installing matching front seats.

I searched the forum looking for bolt pattern info for the sliders, but nothing here. I did find a reference on Discount Van.

They say it is 16 5/8 x 16 5/8. Can anyone confirm this for the NCV3 seats?

Thanks!

Gratuitous pic of VanDOOM!

Shock96
02-23-2014, 02:01 AM
Sooooo, no one knows?

Sprinter SS
02-23-2014, 02:37 AM
Sorry Bro, I have front bench seat in my NCV3

pfflyer
02-23-2014, 03:20 AM
I will try to get you some measurement tomorrow. You are talking about the front seats?

Shock96
02-23-2014, 04:54 AM
Yes please! Front bucket seats. The seats currently in VanDOOM are out of a BMW E30. They are nice, but they are the sport seats so the bolster is pretty tall and it is hard for me to get out of the seat (I am disabled).

The PO modified the seat base by welding on some 1.5" angle iron front and back to mount them. I can simply drill new holes to match the new sliders. :)

Thanks pfflyer!

pfflyer
02-23-2014, 05:28 PM
16-5/8 looks right but am sure it would metric so could be a few thousandths off. Could only hold the tape measure to the front two bolts. Front to rear I have a rigid seat skirt but the best I could see looks like the same.

Welcome to the forum by the way and your ride looks cool. Keep us posted on your progress and don't be a stranger. Lots of great ideas here you could use for your conversion.

Shock96
02-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks very much pfflyer! Now I just need to find some matching fronts to the benches. My customized bases have mounting areas that are about 20" wide but only about 14" deep. I figured I can just drill the rail 2" closer and be done.

I have been spending some time lurking here and reading about all the great upgrades folks are making to their Sprinters! Lots of great ideas and I am going to use em!

Thanks again!