PDA

View Full Version : Harmonic Balancer Part Number/Info

Missouri Blue
02-14-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm trying to replace my harmonic balancer. I have the rear aftermarket SCS Frigette A/C that runs off a second v-belt. The part number I can see on the current Harmonic Balancer is A 612 030 10 03 300 340Hz (and then a few letters I couldn't quite make out, either CLM or CFW). If I type all these numbers into google nothing is found. I checked Europarts-SD and they have an harmonic balancer for the dual A/C but specifically say on the webpage that it is not for the dual a/c system driven by a second v-belt. Does any one know what part number I should be trying to locate. Thanks.

bc339
02-14-2014, 01:11 AM
You were mostly correct - just a few extra numbers. The correct Mercedes Benz part number is A 612 030 10 03.

The Dodge part number is 5103998AB. It can be had from Berry Dodge for the amazing price of $399.63, plus shipping.

Bruce

lindenengineering
02-14-2014, 03:45 AM
Don't forget to buy a new seal and fixing bolt while you are at it.

Also due to socket accessibility issues you will need to use the MB crank lock tool to remove and torque that bolt. Read important to avoid crank nose and key damage down the road.
Dennis

Missouri Blue
02-14-2014, 04:03 AM
I've read discussions of this in other threads... but for clarification:
I know I need a new TTY bolt (mine is the 10.9 stamped kind).
What seal? (washer?
The tool you mention is something different than a flywheel locking tool?

I have access to a large breaker bar and 3/4" drive torque wrench, but not any MB specific crankshaft locking tools. I saw a tool on amazon (referenced on the forum somewhere) supposedly for locking the flywheel of a Sprinter (photo attached). Is this the tool you are referring to, or close enough to work?

I haven't had the manifold recall done yet, so if I need to leave this job to the dealership I will, even though I'd rather not.

Thanks for any/all advice.

bc339
02-14-2014, 04:22 AM
Looks like the one and the same.

Bruce

P.S. - that's quite a price difference for the KTC tool ($20.00) - I've seen it for well over $130.00