PDA

View Full Version : Bench Seat Brackets

aradsma
02-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Hi All,

I just picked up a 2007 Passenger Sprinter. It has the rear bench seats in a 3-2-3 configuration. I would like to move the seats to a 3-3 configuration and be able to occasionally make it 3-3-2. In the floor of the middle bench area, there are only the left-most 2 floor brackets. When I pull back the floor rubber, where the 3rd bracket would normally be, there is a plastic cover. If I remove that cover there is a perfect hole that seems like it will fit another seat bracket, complete with the nuts welded into the frame already.

1. Can I simply move a bracket from the back and put it in this slot?

2. I tried removing the bolts off a back bracket (not using the torx socket, just a 7/16... stupid me) and I got them loosened several turns and then they kind of stripped. Is there some trick to getting those bolts loose?

3. If I just buy a new bracket/bolt set, does anyone know where I can get these?

Thanks!

Karl2014
02-11-2014, 04:49 AM
I'm getting a crew van and want to move the 2nd seat to the 3rd seat position. I'm probably going to move the brackets. If I decide to buy more brackets they are a little over a hundred each from the dealer.

GeorgeRa
02-11-2014, 05:44 AM
I'm getting a crew van and want to move the 2nd seat to the 3rd seat position. I'm probably going to move the brackets. If I decide to buy more brackets they are a little over a hundred each from the dealer.

Moving the second seat to the third row should not require any modification, if I remember it correctly. Removing the third row seat requires some ''flat screwdrivers" work but if you duplicate second row seat removal motions it is not too hard.

To move 3 rows of seats from my passenger van to the bonus room I hired movers, these seats are heavy. Now the bonus room looks like a real theater or an airplane and my wife is unhappy.

George.

ElWhoppo
02-23-2014, 02:09 AM
This may be redundent but here goes. I got a 2007 passenger van. Seating was 2 captins, 3 seater bench (not full width), 2 seater, then a full width 3 seater in the back. Removed the back 3 full width seater (its for sale) to make room for the bed. Pulled up the base plate on the outside of the 2nd row (got a set of torc sockets from Harbor Freight) and added it to the two in the 3rd row so I could swap the 2nd and 3rd row seats. I reversed the seat in the 2nd row to make a dinette (and 2nd bed). Plates have to be reversed in the 2nd row to add ~3 in to accomadate table. Also you have to cut out the crosspin that is for snapping on the plastic dust cover if you ever want to turn the seat back around without re-reverseing the plates. Now I can swival or pull up the passenger seat, slide through the gap of the 2nd row seat, down the area by the sliding door and past the 3rd seat to the back bed & portapotty even to the rear door.