Sunglasses, where?

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
I have been driving T1Ns for 4 years now and I have yet to figure out where to put the sunglasses when not in the van. The tray in front of the passenger ALWAYS has them in it, but they slide all around and end up in the footwell. What do you do when you take them off at dusk so you can find them again at dawn?

-Randy

surlyoldbill

On the dash. Vin plate keeps them from sliding around, but I suppose you could get one of those sticky mats.

I bought a sunglass visor clip at a Flea Market. It works OK for stowing and getting the glasses. It is a bit of a pain if you don't have two hands free for installing the glasses so not so good for stowing while driving.

Amazon carries them. I keep a list of "free shiiping combined" Amazon links in a Favorites Folder and refer to that any time I place an order over the minimum.

http://www.amazon.com/IIT-17930-Sunglass-Sunglasses-Eyeglass/dp/B002Q3TSGQ

I cut a piece of non-slip intended for rugs or drawers to fit into my T1N passenger side dash tray. I find it helps to keep things in place.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Stop-No...d=1391434511&sr=8-1&keywords=rug+non+slip+pad

vic

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Forgot about that bin. I used it for a dash brush on the first Sprinter, and then LTV used it to mount the RideRite Airbag controls in the current one. It would be nice if there was a place like not he NCV3 above the visor, but I really have not found one.

-Randy

david_42

My wife and I leave our sunglasses on the dash. The carpeted cover prevents them from moving around. It also prevents sun damage to the plastic.

awaywego

2008 NCV3 2500
Forgot about that bin. I used it for a dash brush on the first Sprinter, and then LTV used it to mount the RideRite Airbag controls in the current one. It would be nice if there was a place like not he NCV3 above the visor, but I really have not found one.

-Randy
The NCV3 space is barely good for a child's sunglasses or maybe for reading glasses. It is too small, in my opinion, for sunglasses.

cahaak

I have two sunglass visor clips on my visor for myself and my wife. Got them for $.99 after rebate at our local Menards. They work great and keep things out of the way. Have had them for three years now I think. You can do it one handed, just takes some getting used to.

Chris

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
I wouldn't leave ANYTHING on the dash, even cheap sunglasses! It's all an invitation for some dumbass to break a window and take your stuff, even if cheap! I certainly wouldn't leave a real pair of sunglasses sitting on the dash!

Even clipping cheap sunglasses clipped into cheap visor clips invites someone with no sense to break your expensive window to check them out!

shortshort

Dis member
I leave a set of radio removal tools on the dash clipped to the radio code card. So far nobody has taken me up on the offer. I boy can dream...

cahaak

You need to drive over to the other side of the tracks I guess. You apparently are on the right side and need to get to the "wrong' side.

Chris

surlyoldbill

I wouldn't leave ANYTHING on the dash, even cheap sunglasses! It's all an invitation for some dumbass to break a window and take your stuff, even if cheap! I certainly wouldn't leave a real pair of sunglasses sitting on the dash!

Even clipping cheap sunglasses clipped into cheap visor clips invites someone with no sense to break your expensive window to check them out!
Yeah, which is another reason my upper limit on sunglasses is $10. I'm still working off the box full of Black Flys that they traded me for swag from my company in the 90's, that, and the shirts and hats from Shepard Fairey with Andre The Giant on them. I've had this stash of New Old Stock so long it's probably come back in style.
:rad:

People around here will get their windows broken even when there isn't ANYTHING in the car; crackheads and tweakers are on a treasure hunt. Not often, but it does happen.

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
While I'm sure someone somewhere has broken a window on a totally empty van, it's far more likely to happen when leaving valuables in sight!

Even the stupid criminals are lazy and usually don't take the effort and risk if there is no obvious pay off in sight!

david_42

When my Sprinter was vandalized, they busted a rear window. Didn't even try to take anything, just causing damage. 45+ years of driving with stuff on the dash and zero problems.

The Hub

The Hub
I removed the almost worthless visors that came with my T1N and built 2 small shelves which I bolted in using the existing mounts. To those I attached the visors from a 2010 Tahoe. They have swivel, extension, mirrors, and lights. On each shelf I can fit 3 pairs of sunglasses as well as Ipods and cell phones. (I added a double usb port for charging.) I made these shelves from 1 X 6 and stained them grey. The project was easy and didn't take too long. Looks pretty good too.

Top Bottom