PDA

View Full Version : Cables through the firewall

Borch
02-02-2014, 08:17 PM
I would like to know if anyone has found a easy and safe method for getting cables through the firewall? I need to have a control cable and coax from the driver's area to the engine compartment to mount a remote control antenna. Also are there any good suggestions on removing the drivers seat to access the fuse panel for electrical connections.

Thanks ......... Borch
2014 RoadTrek

OrioN
02-02-2014, 08:32 PM
I would like to know if anyone has found a easy and safe method for getting cables through the firewall? I need to have a control cable and coax from the driver's area to the engine compartment to mount a remote control antenna. Also are there any good suggestions on removing the drivers seat to access the fuse panel for electrical connections.

Thanks ......... Borch
2014 RoadTrek

I use and there is, a large & 'booted' entrance-way into the base of the driver seat from/through the floor. There are raceways from the seat-base to base of the centre-console under the floor mat.

eralimited57
02-02-2014, 10:27 PM
I found a rubber insert on the bulkhead to the right and above the brake booster on my 2008 Sprinter that I was able to use to run my back up camera cable thru..

The rubber boot has "ears" on it to allow it to close and at the same time allow for cables to run thru...

BTW...we should not refer it as the firewall.....that is an old term....now a days it is referred to as the bulkhead..