PDA

View Full Version : Central lock switch lighting

One call a/c
01-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Hey guys. I'm trying to find out which terminals on the lock switch run the night lighting. My sprinter didn't come with power locks or windows. I added actuators in all the doors and aftermarket power windows. I bought factory switches to use for this. I got the window switches working with lighting but can't seem to figure out the lock switch lighting. Any help with the lighting terminals would be appreciated.

autostaretx
01-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Hey guys. I'm trying to find out which terminals on the lock switch run the night lighting. My sprinter didn't come with power locks or windows. I added actuators in all the doors and aftermarket power windows. I bought factory switches to use for this. I got the window switches working with lighting but can't seem to figure out the lock switch lighting. Any help with the lighting terminals would be appreciated.
Have you looked at the wiring diagrams?
Here's page 8w-61-2 from the 2006 Service Manual, which you can download from http://aie-services-2.net/Sprinter/

(That's a brown wire leading to ground on the bottom)
Splice S253 is the common wire leading to pretty much all of the illuminated switches, as shown on page 8w-11-27
Gray/DarkGreen/Red

--dick

One call a/c
01-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks dick. Info was right on. Working now. Thumbs up.