New here and have a quick question..

Mr3kGT

Hi all I'm new to the forums here and don't own a sprinter as it stands. My last job, all the work vehicles were sprinters so I liked to look around here previously for help every so often. At any rate, I happen to have a Garrett gt22v turbo unit off of a 3500. It has an electronically actuated wastegate/bypass valve. Someone wants to purchase it from me. I'm asking $250 which is remarkably cheap considering the core charge on these things is 350/400 and a reman one is 800/900. I have zero use for it and he's interested. Now my question is this, his is vacuum actuated and mine electronic. How difficult would it be for him to make it work on his? Any feedback would be appreciated. And P.S. I tried to post in a tech section and for whatever reason it told me no lol so please have mercy on me for posting in this section. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
Not at all possible to make it work. If he has a 2002/2003 Sprinter - they are vacuum actuated Turbos with a vacuum controller that manages the amount of vacuum to the actuator. The control signals to the vacuum controller are not compatable with the 2004 thru 2006 electric actuator controlled turbos.

Top Bottom