PDA

View Full Version : Sedona AZ

ctmcdaniel
01-21-2014, 11:08 PM
From the polar vortex to what ever vortex they chat about around here.

We saw -14f, Indiana, and Illinois were ice, two states at 30 mph it was a more or less continuous slide.

Did CX Natz in Boulder Colorado

Check engine light report.

Sunrise in a Walmart Parking lot

Then on to Sedona AZ

ctmcdaniel
01-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Sedona, AZ

Lots of trails!

surlyoldbill
03-08-2014, 03:58 PM
How are the mountain bike trails? I haven't ridden Sedona, but I've run a few of the trails East of town, by Bell rock.

calbiker
03-08-2014, 05:20 PM
I would rate Sedona in the top 10 mountain bike destinations in the US.

Cathedral Rock Trail

Karl2014
03-08-2014, 05:41 PM
From the polar vortex to what ever vortex they chat about around here.

We saw -14f, Indiana, and Illinois were ice, two states at 30 mph it was a more or less continuous slide.

Did CX Natz in Boulder Colorado

Check engine light report.

Sunrise in a Walmart Parking lot

Then on to Sedona AZ

How did you do in cross Nats? I used to race cx back in the '60s in N. Calif. I used to win by out-running everone else... that was before Lawrence Malone "invented" the bunny hop.

surlyoldbill
03-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Rodeo trails or epic rides? Some people prefer to BMX the entire day, I like to have long rides with less technical; for instance I prefer Porcupine Rim to Slickrock Trail.

calbiker
03-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Porcupine Rim is way more technical than Slickrock Trail. Slickrock is just a lung buster. I couldn't ride all of lower Porc in my dreams!

Cal

surlyoldbill
03-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Porcupine Rim is way more technical than Slickrock Trail. Slickrock is just a lung buster. I couldn't ride all of lower Porc in my dreams!

Cal

Really? I ride PR counter-clockwise from town. The lower section does have a few breath-holding moments but I don't remember it being too technical going downhill. It's not like you can't look away or suffer a crash, like a lot of Slickrock. The ride up Sandhill from town is a lung buster, though! I can recall several foot dabs and maybe even a carry or two, but out of 40 miles that isn't too much.