Do not track your vessel unless...

Karl2014

... you want to go crazy :crazy:
On the way to Charleston, the Bishu Highway with my 2014 Crew Sprinter on board, stopped first in Baltimore, then across the bay to another stop, then sailed past Charleston and Savannah to Brunswick, GA (almost there now) presumably (my conclusion) for customs, and then I'm guessing back up to Charleston... who, me impatient?

... who, me impatient?
Ain't the internet wonderful???

Just treat it as an entire package like we do with vacations. Anticipation and preparation are as much a part of enjoying the vacation as actually being there. Just sit back and enjoy the whole experience. vic

Karl2014

Ain't the internet wonderful???

Just treat it as an entire package like we do with vacations. Anticipation and preparation are as much a part of enjoying the vacation as actually being there. Just sit back and enjoy the whole experience. vic
I'm trying, I'm trying :lol:

david_42

Central dispatching. I once had a package go from Fremont, CA to Seattle, WA to Portland, OR, to Oakland, CA to Sunnyvale, CA. For those of you who are not familiar with the SF Bay area, Fremont and Sunnyvale are less than 5 miles apart.

surlyoldbill

Central dispatching. I once had a package go from Fremont, CA to Seattle, WA to Portland, OR, to Oakland, CA to Sunnyvale, CA. For those of you who are not familiar with the SF Bay area, Fremont and Sunnyvale are less than 5 miles apart.
And these are the companies that are more efficient than the USPS...just imagine the things that go on with a government operated shipping service!

Karl2014

Pardon my ignorance-I'm pretty new to the forum-but how do I go about tracking my order? I ordered a '14 crew about 10 days ago.
Your sales guy should be able to update you. Once it's on a ship you can track it online if you get the vessel name from the dealer (just google ship name and go to a link that provides tracking). Mine is on the Bishu Highway and has been sitting a mile offshore from Charleston all day since first going to Baltimore, then past Charleston to Georgia, and now back to Charleston. I have no idea why they back-track except maybe by the way they are loaded on the ship. About 3 weeks at sea and another 3 weeks to get across the country to Oregon by train to Portland and then truck to Medford.

Yaak_Man

So my Sprinter is off the boat and now I'm wondering if I can track it's progress across the country? It sounds like out west our Sprinters ride the rails...can I track this too? I have my vin number.

psalm66

<<Pardon my ignorance-I'm pretty new to the forum-but how do I go about tracking my order? I ordered a '14 crew about 10 days ago.>>

Wait a couple of months and then look into it. Our 2010 took 6 months to get here. :snore:

Yaak_Man

Ask your sales guy for for the build date and after it is built ask for the name of the boat. From there you can google the boat and get updates as it crosses the atlantic.

Now that my boat has departed, I am wondering how I can track the final few weeks until delivery.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
<<Pardon my ignorance-I'm pretty new to the forum-but how do I go about tracking my order? I ordered a '14 crew about 10 days ago.>>

Wait a couple of months and then look into it. Our 2010 took 6 months to get here. :snore:
SS Minnow perchance? :smilewink:

Karl2014

My sales guy left me a message mine is on the train for Portland, OR... not sure exactly when it left Charleston, but takes about 3 weeks to get across the country, especially when they have to deal with bad weather and shortage of rail cars. He said he'd call me when it arrived in Portland and then only a few more days to get here on a truck... last few weeks seem like months... but I'm still figuring out the 8020 stuff and ordering from Amazon like crazy for camping gear. Got a Coleman instant hot water heater, Engel frig, L-track and attachments, butane stove, ScanGauge II, and misc. cooking stuff.

Yaak_Man

Karl2014- Was your van on the Michigan Highway arriving to port on Saturday? I would suspect our vans are on the way to Portland together but I haven't asked my salesman for an update. I'm in Portland but ordered from Eugene.

Karl2014

Karl2014- Was your van on the Michigan Highway arriving to port on Saturday? I would suspect our vans are on the way to Portland together but I haven't asked my salesman for an update. I'm in Portland but ordered from Eugene.
Mine was on the Bishu Highway captained by a drunken sailor who went south past Charleston and then back north to finally unload... cost me couple extra days, but who's counting?

bobojay

We ordered a Chevy Equinox when they first came out and were back ordered months, and months. We were notified when it was built in Canada, loaded on the rail car, got the car no, was able to track it on the railroad to the Chicago area, then it just sat & sat & sat, for more than 3 weeks. By this time, we were up to the 14 week mark since ordered.
Then, it just disappeared from any records. Dealer couldn't find it either. Finally one Sunday, at the 17 week mark, I just decided for something to do, to go down where they off load rail shipped cars/trucks at the GM plant here in KC. Guess what, there it was sitting on the top tier of a rail car in the back, and talk about dirty! This rail car was like the third car back from the engines, and was just covered with soot and dust that had been snowed and rained on. Nice!
We were able to find out that was our car because I knew the guys that worked at the rail yard guard shack and he looked up the VIN no. Also by the color. (this is the plant I retired from)

I can relate to you guys anxiously awaiting your vans......now back to the Sprinter subject

Last edited:

sailquik

Karl,
Actually the Bishu Highway was simply following their normal K-Line North Atlantic Shuttle Route:
http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrierS...-North-Atlantic-Shuttle-Service-Route-Map.asp
The Bishu Highway/Columbia Highway/Michigan Highway/Freemantle Highway/Georgia Highway ships (all can carry up to 4,500
cars each load) all circulate between Zeebrugge, Belgium/ Bremerhaven, Germany/ Southampton, England/ Baltimore, MD USA/Brunswick, Georgia USA, and Charleston, So. Carolina, USA.
That is their route, and one of these ships unloads at Charleston's RoRo piers every 7 days.
I am searching for more info on how the Cargo and Cab/Chassis Sprinters are dis-assembled in Dusseldorf @ the DA plant, placed in containers, and shipped to Charleston where they go a few miles up the road to the RA plant to be reassembled (by VIN #) by Daimler Vans LLC
at the Re-Assembly plant.
You can see the current K-Line North Atlantic Shuttle Sailing Schedule by clicking on
the Schedules tab in the above link.
Roger

Last edited:

Top Bottom