PDA

View Full Version : CEL 2007 3.0 L diesel

msmallfield07@aol.com
01-16-2014, 11:27 AM
My Check Engine Light came on when I started my 2007 sprinter after it sat for 4-5 days. Seems to run fine no Limp Home Mode. Ultra Gauge shows no trouble codes. Is it time to take my Sprinter to the dealer? 43K miles

flman
01-16-2014, 11:34 AM
My Check Engine Light came on when I started my 2007 sprinter after it sat for 4-5 days. Seems to run fine no Limp Home Mode. Ultra Gauge shows no trouble codes. Is it time to take my Sprinter to the dealer? 43K miles

Did they light stay on, or did it go back out?

msmallfield07@aol.com
01-16-2014, 11:57 AM
CEL stays on. Tried 5 on-off cyles and the CEL stayed on

Aqua Puttana
01-16-2014, 12:22 PM
CEL stays on. Tried 5 on-off cyles and the CEL stayed on
Even if the problem no longer exists it can take a set number of off/on cycles which needs to include getting up to operating temperatures for some codes to self reset.

vic

msmallfield07@aol.com
01-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Went out to start my print Sprinter to begin warm-up cool down cycles and the CEL went out. Thanks Vic, you saved me a trip to the dealer.

flman
01-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Went out to start my print Sprinter to begin warm-up cool down cycles and the CEL went out. Thanks Vic, you saved me a trip to the dealer.

Good man or woman?, no sense in over analyzing it and running to the dealer, the love the owners that do, easy money. :smirk:

showkey
01-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Good man or woman?, no sense in over analyzing it and running to the dealer, the love the owners that do, easy money. :smirk:

+2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Msmallfield..............the van did not fix itself.............the code (CEL) will come back and most likely at the worst possible time, next time it my effect the ability to drive.

There is still a stored code in the computer that can help in identifying the failed system.........might be good idea to figure out the real problem before it bites you in the butt:thumbup::thumbup:

lindenengineering
01-16-2014, 01:23 PM
+2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Msmallfield..............the van did not fix itself.............the code (CEL) will come back and most likely at the worst possible time, next time it my effect the ability to drive.

There is still a stored code in the computer that can help in identifying the failed system.........might be good idea to figure out the real problem before it bites you in the butt:thumbup::thumbup:

I second that, in short you have a "soft code" and the fault will be found in mode 6 of a good scanner.
Possibly the precursor to something "developing" into a hard code, its a good idea to get it checked.
Dennis

flman
01-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Maybe the OP had a weak battery after sitting 4 or 5 days. I guess it is up to them if they shell out money for the scary uncertainty? :snore: