PDA

View Full Version : Becker Radio Replacement with Single DIN GPS, CD Player

kenj356
01-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Has anyone got experience replacing the original radio with a Pyle PLBT72G. This unit has a 7" screen that telescopes out and up from the head unit. It is supposed to fit in a single DIN opening. Does anyone know of any other units available that include GPS, CD, AM/FM, BT and fit in the Sprinter dash opening?

pgr
01-13-2014, 10:12 PM
I replaced mine with a similar unit by Jensen a few years back. No GPS but backup camera input for iPhone/iPad for GPS 7" pop out screen. It was cheap, under $300 if I recall) and works great. You just use a VW connector to wire it in. No problems on my T1N.

kenj356
01-14-2014, 02:56 AM
I'll have to look at Jensen. It's good to know these types of units do fit in a Sprinter. Where did you pick-up the reverse signal for the back-up camera?

pgr
01-14-2014, 12:24 PM
You can just connect a wire on the head unit. The touch screen has several options, CD, Radio, iPad! Camera, etc. You may be able to connect it in to the backup light circuit to actuate it also but I don't use it very much, primarily if I'm towing something, so I never bothered to. If I want it on I just keep it on. The radio/Cd, etc still plays.

If I have time I'll take a photo

kenj356
01-14-2014, 03:50 PM
I was thinking the back-up camera had to be connected so it would switch On when you go in reverse but I see the logic in switching it ON manually when you want it and that probably simplifies the installation a little. Thanks.

pgr
01-14-2014, 04:23 PM
You can do it either (or both probably) way.

pgr
01-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Here's a pic of the screen when it's out