PDA

View Full Version : Cargo alarms

contractor
04-03-2008, 01:51 AM
I was looking for an audible cargo alarm to protect the tools/payload in my cargo area. I envisioned a product that would sense the cargo door opening by tieing into one of the light circuits but I haven't found anything on a Google search. Does anyone have a source for what I'm looking for or a good alarm company in general? Thanks.

Jrmorgan
04-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Seems we both use our trucks for work. I bought my Truck used, (1500 miles on it) The guy I bought it from was in the Arms Biz. Was strange to see but he had a wall partition just passed the sliding side door. So in back you didn't know what was inside. This guy installed a Commando FM-870 system. The Key remote tells you if the system was set off. He also installed some air horns so when it goes off, everyone knows it. I also can still use the remote that came from the factory. So depending on the area I can use either system to lock the truck. The only thing that doesn't work is the remote starter. My Sprinter service manager says the alarm guys never seen to get the right codes in to do this. I found Commando to be very helpful when I called them even though I wasn't the guy who bought the system from them. Been using this deal for a year now, no complains other than when I forget to shut off the system with its remote and open the truck with the Sprinter remote and set off the alarm. Kinda' wakes me up in the morning!

I did once look under the driver's seat to install my back camera and you wouldn't believe the rats nest of wires this system has! I would think you'd want someone with a lot of experience to install this.

Here is the web site, http://www.commandoalarms.com/itm30032.htm
:cheers:

contractor
04-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Seems we both use our trucks for work. I bought my Truck used, (1500 miles on it) The guy I bought it from was in the Arms Biz. Was strange to see but he had a wall partition just passed the sliding side door. So in back you didn't know what was inside. This guy installed a Commando FM-870 system. The Key remote tells you if the system was set off. He also installed some air horns so when it goes off, everyone knows it. I also can still use the remote that came from the factory. So depending on the area I can use either system to lock the truck. The only thing that doesn't work is the remote starter. My Sprinter service manager says the alarm guys never seen to get the right codes in to do this. I found Commando to be very helpful when I called them even though I wasn't the guy who bought the system from them. Been using this deal for a year now, no complains other than when I forget to shut off the system with its remote and open the truck with the Sprinter remote and set off the alarm. Kinda' wakes me up in the morning!

I did once look under the driver's seat to install my back camera and you wouldn't believe the rats nest of wires this system has! I would think you'd want someone with a lot of experience to install this.

Here is the web site, http://www.commandoalarms.com/itm30032.htm
:cheers:

Thank you JRM:

This appears to be a lot of alarm for the money with a whole bunch of bells and whistles that I wasn't expecting. I guess I'm not surprised at the fact it has all those wires based on all the features it has. I wonder how specific the installation instructions are to the make and model vehicle? I will call them. Thanks again.