help please

Danny

T1N,NCV3
sprinter just died on the highway. I was driving along and everything going good. then all of a sudden I lost power and and engine shut off. when I went to restart it it fired up but the engine was shaking like crazy then it died agian. it will not start now. I dont have any fluids leaking. belt looks fine. any ideas?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
"shaking like crazy" either means you have a leaking (or stuck open) injector, so there's fuel available for pre-ignition
OR a valve is stuck open (or broken)
OR a blown cylinder (i'd expect lots of smoke)

It's also possible that the valve timing chain has skipped a cog (loss of tensioner)

Lack of fuel (as others suggest) is certainly possible (and the first thing to check)
(plugged fuel filter, etc)

Is the Check Engine Light on? What does your Scangauge/DashDaq/UltraGauge report as a trouble code?
--dick

Danny

T1N,NCV3
It seems like its not getting fuel. Have 3/4 of a tank. I'm not sure I can hear the lift pump in the tank humming. perhaps this is the problem?
I just rebuilt this motor 5 months ago. Its been running great since. Ive changed the fuel filter and it did not change anything. Perhaps its one or a combination of, lift pump/high pressure pump/ low pressure pump?

Top Bottom