PDA

View Full Version : won't start

hotrodharley
01-09-2014, 07:09 PM
have a 2005 sprinter 2500 van;;had oil leak at cam cover..removed injectors[boy that was a "never want to do again job]got all back togeather and now won't start..do i have to crack lines at injectors and bleed them? need help;

Mike5999
01-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Try that or read your owners manual. It has it but i forgot what it said

hotrodharley
01-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Try that or read your owners manual. It has it but i forgot what it said

the owners book that came with it doesn't have anything on how to repair van..just tells how to operate everything//cap of fluids and fuse locations;;

Mike5999
01-10-2014, 01:10 AM
http://www.mbsprinterusa.com/owners/manuals
Find your year
And go to page 137. Its right there

hotrodharley
01-10-2014, 02:21 AM
http://www.mbsprinterusa.com/owners/manuals
Find your year
And go to page 137. Its right there

Mike;;i typed in wrong year;;mine a 2005

hotrodharley
01-10-2014, 02:30 AM
what has me cofused is the van was running before i removed injectors and replaced gasket that covers the cams;;got all back togeather now won't start;;i keep thinking i did something wrong so i've went back every plug in and everything i touched to see what i fouled up and can't find a thing..only thing i did do wrong was when i reinstall cam cover the wire harness that goes to CPS got caught under cover but i caught tight before installing injectors and got it out;;so when try to start and didn't first thing did was to pull harness loose where i could take rubber loom off the 3 wires and inspected them very close and couldn't see any signs that they got smashed or cut from being under cover..assume the rubber gasket gave enugh to don't damage them...as said i've looked many times in a 8 hour time trying find something i did to keep from starting.

Mike5999
01-10-2014, 03:03 AM
Try checking your relays or fuses.

Mike5999
01-10-2014, 03:18 AM
Are you getting fuel up to the injectors?!?! Also there is something in the owners manual to bleed the engine because i read it before in the manual to bleed my engine

Aqua Puttana
01-10-2014, 03:38 AM
You really should check for codes using a Sprinter specific scan tool. there may be valuable information stored in the ECM memory. Poking around is only good for so long.

Oil leak at cam cover...

Could anything that you disassembled affect the cam timing?

Have you double checked the cam sensor connector which is in the general area of the injectors?

Double check any and all electrical connectors in the area of your work.

Did I mention that scanning for codes may give you a direction?

Good luck. vic

sailquik
01-10-2014, 03:40 AM
There is Absolutely NO reason to "bleed the injectors" on a 2005 Sprinter.
Might want to remove the outlet hose from the fuel filter and make sure the electric booster pump in the
fuel tank is operating.
Just turn the key for a couple of seconds with a short section fuel line hose leading to a can or jar.
The electric fuel pump in the tank can put out up to 85 PSI so a quick on/off with the ignition key should prove that
there is fuel going up to the high pressure pump on the front of the engine.
It's very dangerous to try to "bleed" the fuel system at the injectors as the pressure there is around 5,000 PSI.
A little stream of diesel at that pressure will go right through your skin.
Repeat...'04-'06 NAS Sprinters with the OM-647 engine should never need any "bleeding" of the fuel system if the
in tank booster pump is working!!
Roger

hotrodharley
01-10-2014, 04:32 AM
is there a fuse or fuel pump relay for the tank pump?if so can someone post me pic of locations of them..i'm going check at filter tomorrow to see if tank pump is pumping but if i find it not pumping then i'll need to know where fuse or relay is at so can check it;;yes i've checked servial times to make sure CPS and injectors was all pluged in tight since i did have them unpluged and off engine..

Aqua Puttana
01-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Fuse positions can vary vehicle to vehicle depending upon options ordered. Some 2004 info is here.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=220808#post220808

vic

Mike5999
01-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Yes under driver seat