PA state inspection in the northwest philly area

Texadelphia2006

I am looking for an inspection facility for my aunt to take her Sprinter RV to for a routine state inspection (not a fleecing).

Her sprinter is based out of the north western part of Philadelphia. She already took it in to a local shop where he told her the ball joints were shot, so she put the "tech" on the phone and I asked if he had Sprinter experience and he said yes - but that any wear on any ball joint is going to fail inspection. It was another "these are no different from any other car" routine.

I replaced both control arms - New MB parts (they come with ball joints) due to one side needing bushings, but even though Worldpac (place of employment) supplied me with bushings - I had sourced new MBenz arms elsewhere for $110usd each and it just wasn't worth the time to deal with the bushings. C-Arms, F & R Bilsteins, F & R rotors, pads, belt, filters, all fluids, and more, including the bathroom tap.

I am hoping there is someone here that has a guy like Andy - but in SEPA, that knows of a place to get her RV inspected.

Thanks !
:cheers:

P.S. I live in the Dallas Tx area, and I service her RV (Roadtrek) when she visits Texas - hence my request for help in SEPA!

Last edited:

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Dan's Car Care Center
219 W Rittenhouse St
Philadelphia, PA 19144
(215) 848-0881

This is right around the corner from me and is where I have taken both my Sprinters for the past few years. They have little to no knowledge of Sprinters, so whenever they have questions, they just ask me and I explain and we are cool. Note that they don't ever FIX my Sprinter. All I use them for is my yearly inspection. As long as the brakes, tires, wipers, lights, etc are in good shape, I've passed every time. Never any mention of that ball joint crap.

Texadelphia2006

Joel / Type2:

Thanks! I will relay that info to her. I emailed her the PDF / article about the ball joints from here.

Are you teaching in Roxborough?

Last edited:

Top Bottom