Door locks and key fob

J.Johnson

Ok, so my 2006 sprinter 2500 just started something new.
After you exit the van and press the lock button on the key fob. The lock solenoid cycles lock then unlock. Press it again quickly and it will cycle lock,unlock, then lock.
I sat inside and watched all of the doors cycle the locks. All of them work.
What is wrong with it?
Thanks for your help

Sent with this high tech chingadera!

JAM

Maybe one of the doors are slightly open. Mine does that if I don't close a door all the way. Even if it looks shut just open and close all them again and see what happens.

J.Johnson

I tried that a few times. Do you know how the van knows if a door is open? What sensor does it use?

JAM

I would guess the skreem module but not sure. I'm sure someone will chime In with a definite answer. Did you try disconnecting the neg battery cable to see if it will reset maybe?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
This has happened to me many times. On the rear doors and the sliding doors there are electrical contacts in the door frame and the door. Clean these contacts really good. Once they are clean your problem will be solved.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The T1N (pre-2007) Sprinters have three "sensors" for the doors:
there's a rubber-covered button which turns on the interior lights
there's a set of switches inside the door lock motor, sensing if it's locked or unlocked (pushing the lock handle nudges these)
there are the contacts which feed the door lock motor on the edge of the sliding and rear doors. If they're not making contact, the system will cycle the locks.
If any of the *wires* involved get chewed (the front doors' wires are in a rubber sheath, but the travel-limit mechanism can chew them in the pillar), you'll see odd behavior

--dick

J.Johnson

Ok checked all wires and contacts. Still locking and unlocking. I will have to start withe drivers door and take the panel off so I can start figuring out how the sense works.

Boatman

I had the same thing happen last year. It turned out to be a sticky locking/latching mechanism in the passenger side front door. Pulled the whole thing apart and lubed it up and all back to normal....... until I had to do the drivers side door a few weeks later.

J.Johnson

So I pulled the door panels off. All I found was that the dr door actuator is lazy. I will replace it and see if that fixes it.

ScottWood

I had this same problem last summer. Check the wires to the contacts in the sliding door. I soldered one wire back on and every thing worked for a week. Took the door panel back off and soldered the other wire back on and every thing has worked ever since!

J.Johnson

Finally fixed it. It was the micro switch that is attached to the door actuator. What a pain.

J.Johnson

Took apart the two front doors to start. Then started playing with the lock actuators and the catches. Took the micro switches out of the holders to play with them. One of them did not want to click. So I took a volt reading on both of them. And low and behold. I found the culprit of my frustration.

Top Bottom