Sprinter Tech

sailquik

PiriPiri,
Where are you located?
What sort of Sprinter do you have?
There are lots of authorized Mercedes Benz Sprinter dealer shops with factory trained technicians in many parts of the USA.
They are the only ones who have the MB SDS (Star Diagnosis System) hardware/software/cabling to really fully diagnose your
Sprinter's problems.
Are you somewhere else?
Hope this helps,
Roger

PiriPiri

PiriPiri,
Where are you located?
What sort of Sprinter do you have?
There are lots of authorized Mercedes Benz Sprinter dealer shops with factory trained technicians in many parts of the USA.
They are the only ones who have the MB SDS (Star Diagnosis System) hardware/software/cabling to really fully diagnose your
Sprinter's problems.
Are you somewhere else?
Hope this helps,
Roger
Roger,
Thank you for responding And Happy New Year to you.
There is where my issue compounds. The 2011 Sprinter 2500 is in Saipan were we do not have a MB dealer ship. I have pretty much narrowed id down to the BCM. From the wiring diagram I got this will give the signal to start. At the starter relay there is power to the load side but I am not getting and thing from the control side. I have jumped terminal 30 and 87 of the starter relay socket with ignition in the #2 position. It cranked but no start.

Luis

sailquik

Luis,
Ok, I see your dilemma.
Not sure what to tell you.
What are other names for the "BCM". It sounds like a control module, but what does it control?
I'll help if I can.
Roger

sailquik

PiriPiri,

If there are no shops on Saipan that have the MB SDS system, about your only possibility would be to try one of the made in China
knock off diagnostic systems and hope that it can read the Body Control Module.
How did you get a Sprinter into a part of the world where there is no possibility of repair?
Sorry we can't be of greater help, but it takes the right computer and software to communicate with the Sprinter's on board computer systems.
Roger
P.S.
Have you tried this place?
Mercedes-Benz service - Oceanworks
saipanfix.com/
Oceanworks provides complete Mercedes-Benz service, including engine, transmission, electrical, and interior repairs. ... No one else in Saipan has this system.

Sounds like they might have a diagnostic unit that can communicate with your Sprinter....worth a try?

Last edited:

Top Bottom