PDA

View Full Version : New part numbers??

hkpierce
12-31-2013, 03:06 PM
I was ordering a part from Berry's

05104502AA
A 901 860 11 69 which is for a SEAT BELT BUCKLE HALF

And Berry's site came up with a new part number of 1LK95DX9AA. Checking around, all the MOPAR sites had the new number.

I am wondering if Chrysler has changed its parts numbers such that, at least for T1N's, there may now be 3 OEM numbers per part?

autostaretx
12-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Bill: Hey Fred, we've got a bunch of IT guys with nothing to do this month.

Fred: Well, let's see... they could generate saleable PDF versions of the Service Manual info (we stopped doing that in 2006),
or create up-to-date parts catalogs (we stopped doing that in 2007),
or...
I've got it! They can create an entire new scheme of part numbering!
That'll teach those parts guys about the futility of memorizing frequently-used numbers!

Bill: Can we keep the "sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't" leading zero?

Fred: Nah.. let's do better: we'll add letters in the middle of the numbers... they'll have to learn to type!

--dick
p.s. IIRC, back in the day (1960's, 1970's) VW part numbers actually had *meaning*... the first 3 digits gave a good hint as to the subassembly, the next six were the part, and the final two letters were the "revision" (much like MB's "AA","AB", etc).
If the first three digits started with a "9", it was a part sourced from outside of VW, and the next two digits were the supplier.

hkpierce
04-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Now a 4th number for the same item (according to Sun Motors): 901-860-11-69-9051