PDA

View Full Version : Site needs new O2 sensor?

saddledoggy
03-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Does anyone else feel like we're not up to speed anymore here at Sprinter-Source? Or is it just me...

contractor
03-30-2008, 05:20 PM
It is very slow on my end but I just fiqured it was my computer:snore:

sikwan
03-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback. It's slow on my side too, and I tried it with two different computers. I'm also seeing duplicate posts meaning the poster hit the submit button and it was taking forever so they hit submit again.

Thanks again for the heads up. Gotta go talk to the host.

sikwan
03-31-2008, 03:17 AM
Anyone else have some speed (forum loading) issues?

Therberg
03-31-2008, 05:25 AM
A few times this past week it was very slow for me, and did you make any changes with the New Posts button? It used to just list the posts that were new since my last visit, now it also lists Threads that were not updated but contain unread Posts.

Tim H.

sikwan
03-31-2008, 05:35 AM
Thanks Tim.

Yes, the New Posts feature was changed recently, although I didn't think it would make a difference. :idunno:

Before, it would use your browser cookies to keep track of new posts. Now, it's being tracked by the database. A few users were noting that when they hit the New Posts link it would show up as nothing even though they haven't logged on since yesterday. I have had it happen to me a couple times so that's why I changed it.

Let me do some more research to see if it is a bandwidth hog. I know vbulletin recommends 20 days, but I set it to 10.

sikwan
03-31-2008, 06:11 AM
I turned off that "New Posts" feature (back to cookies) that Tim mentioned and the forum is a lot quicker than before. It was a lot more server intense, but wished the server was a lot faster.

saddledoggy
03-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Seek hi,

IMHO we seem better but not quite where we were a while back.

Cheers,
Pete

tegimr
03-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Seek - it is much better, though the other feature was kinda nice, not worth the slowdown, if that was the cause. Thanks for your attention to the issue.

Tim