Auxiliary/Booster heater's exhaust - from 2011

Again, I went back over all my posts since starting in this forum. Apparently my auxiliary boost heater exhaust has been bad since then - I don't remember with so much going on.

When I put the 25A fuse in the fuse slot for the heater booster, the exhaust came billowing out once again all over the place. The only way I did not have this issue the last 3 years is I took the fuse out - not sure when I did that either.

So, when reviewing all the posts from Vic and everyone, apparently I have something that could have caused further damage to the vehicle.

The only thing I am trying to do to this thing is make it safe and dependable to transport my disabled son from Seattle and back to Tacoma safely without exposing him to toxic fumes, or getting stuck on I-5 with cars driving so fast it makes the Sprinter rock and no place to put the ramp down to get my son out. Even if I had to tow it most towing companies don't have accommodations for wheelchairs.

I'm in a pickle. The two codes which came up ar P 1482 and P 2134 - which mean one thing on the scan tool and another in the 2004 Owner's Manual I consult. Have two glow plugs ready to go into the van but it's like I'm not sure if I'm in the right direction?

All I can do is say when I put that 25A fuse back in slot one, the stinky smell went away, and I'm afraid if I pull it out the smell will come back.........but if I keep it in there the white smoke from the box behind the drivers side headlight has all that white smoke. It also sounded not as solid as it used to. I went and turned it on, waited for it to wind up, then the smoke started again, and then I shut the engine off.............the delay for it turn off was much longer and it sounded like it had something wrong with it. It used to hummmmmmm and go on and off quite well, especially when I used the heater on the timer, but now it could be a simple wire connection or something?

I think it's something simple............I suppose I'm hoping it's something simple because honestly - I don't have time for this non stop stress.

Any help - I'll do what I can do test theories, go look at the van and give as much input as necessary. Motivation is null...........but I do need this van otherwise my son and I are homebound. Not a good thing for us at all.

Jeanette:idunno:

Top Bottom