'Star' shaped screw heads on NCV3??

wombat100

What is the 'description' of the star shaped screw heads on my Sprinter??
I wish to purchase a few screwdriver tips- but don't know what to ask for at the local hardware shop.
Thanks in advance
David

cahaak

For the smaller torx, or Estar bits you can get a folding set that typically will have up to about T25 or T30. If you are doing more work, then you need to get a rachet set that goes up to T60. The folding set can be have for about $10. Look on Harbor Freight and they have a variety of options. You also need to get the female version for some of the work. These typically come in a socket set.

Chris

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
Bunnings sell several Torx driver sets.
Look for Kincrome brand, they're not too bad.

There's some information here for some places to find the tools.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10485

As to using the Torx fasteners. Often the next size down seems to fit properly. That will work for most cases, but if you are dealing with a really stuck fastener then doing that can get you into trouble. The tool should not have any slop at all if you are using the correct size. vic

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Best of luck David you'll find some difficult areas with MB
s nuts and bolts and Torx screws that will require thinking out side of the square and looking at the bigger picture if you don't like bloodied skin and bone bruises:lol:
If close look at the Festo range of German tools or try direct with Kingchrome,not all are available at your local hardware or or auto accessory shops.
Enjoy your ride, I DO:thumbup:
festo 019 (Custom).JPG

festo 021 (Custom) copy.jpg

festo 020 (Custom).JPG

festo 012 (Custom).JPG

DSC03616 (Custom).JPG

Top Bottom