Heater problems.

Sjoberg

Sweden
Hallo, some days ago i asked if i could run my heater from a switch, but i turned out that i already has the seven-day timer and a "rest" option so i dropped the switch and started to rule out whats wrong with my heater.
First thing was the waterpump, it was dead. Today I put another one in place and now i could get the heater to start, but it was not working much more than a minute and then it just stopped.

http://youtu.be/mjXb-rWMeOE

I checked the internal fan and it was rotating, the fuel pump is working and i had a charger connected at the battery so i think the volt was okay, its time to do some further investigation.
My plan is to check the exhaust if it is plugged and i must check if i got the air out when i changed the waterpump.

If someone recognize this behavior from the heater please tell me about your experience. :)

best regards jocke

cahaak

Hold your hand on the elec. water pump to make sure that it is working (you can feel it running). Was the outlet hose warm / hot? Does your heater booster work with the engine running (idling and so on). Check these things. Shut down is a sympton of overheat, but that shouldn't happen if the pump is working. Also, if you haven't used it in a while, the fuel line may have some air in it, so you may need to run it several times to get all of that out.

Chris

Sjoberg

Sweden
Thanks cahaak, the waterpump is working but i am thinking of the possibility that there could be air left in the heater after i switch the waterpump. I dont know if it is hard to get the air out from the heater.

I will check the other things tomorrow, and yes,, i think the heater has not been used for two years and there was some air in the fuel line at my first attempt, the movie shows my second attempt and after that i waited 10-15 minutes and fired up the engine and try it again with no succes.

best regards jocke

Top Bottom