PDA

View Full Version : transmission electrical plug

happybrent
11-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Can't find any guide on this part. How does the electric plug come out of the transmission. mine has a what looks like a sliding white plastic piece with a tail wing piece coming out right beside the wires. I need to clean the magnets since I am in a limp mode that coded this part. Just don't want to break it.. any guidence would be greatly appreciated.

lindenengineering
11-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Happybrent

Spin out the socket captive on the cable and detach it.
Take a 7mm socket and extn tool ratchet etc and locate the fixing bolt in the middle of the fixed socket. Unscrew it and then carefully extract it this will seperate the socket from the control board inside the tranny.

You will need to drain the fluid since you can get an escape when the socket is drawn out.
Now at that point you can drop the pan and extract the valve block as one unit from the underside of the main case.
Hope that helps
Dennis

happybrent
11-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks so lefty loosy the outer cap, remove the inner bolt.. Already drained and cover off just need to do this part.

mean_in_green
11-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Brent, you can't have searched too hard as there are dozens of posts about it on the forum! Blue bar above has a search tool, see how you get on.

happybrent
11-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Brent, you can't have searched too hard as there are dozens of posts about it on the forum! Blue bar above has a search tool, see how you get on.

Ouch.. yes I searched however when you read the right ups (they're very good) it briefly goes over this plug. Thats why there is a forum to ask these questions. Now there is a thread specifically for the plug so that if there are others like me, they will have a better answer. Will post some pics next day. Maybe next time instead of the negative comment, you could have posted pictures to help.. just a thought..:thumbup:

mean_in_green
11-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Actually it was written jovially rather than negatively, I guess that became lost in the ether. I often post links or images, or guide the uninitiated to the search tool where a topic is extensively covered.