Aux heater remote receiver location

zither99

I am trying to figure out where the receiver for the aux heater remote is mounted. I believe the MB part number is A6398200589.

I am trying to retrofit the remote and receiver to my 2014 van.

My 2007 (vin WD0BE845175184819) sprinter has the remote and receiver but a quick look under the van by the heaters does not seem to be the place.

If any one with the shop manual could look this up, it would be appreciated!!

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The only hint given by a 3rd party wiring diagram is that the receiver uses "G200", a common ground point located on the "right rear of the engine compartment" via a common cable bundle from the "heater/ac control".
The wiring diagram doesn't give a clue (doesn't even show one) about the antenna location.
My *guess* would be that it's buried up in the central dashboard area, and if it has a separate antenna wire, that's brought to where only plastic and glass separates it from the outside world (perhaps behind the instrument cluster, in the hump). A long antenna wire might even climb up one of the A-pillars.

G200 is also the ground point for a couple of dozen other modules, including the headlamp leveling switch, radio, cigar lighter, steering control module, steering column lock, ignition switch, backup light switch, glove box light, blower motor, shift selector module, etc.etc.

--dick

zither99

I have gotten an answer from the dealer, it's behind the glove box just above the heater blower. I can confirm it's there attached to a metal bracket.

Benzmon868

was it possible to add the remote to the heater control, I wish to order the parts, but want to make sure it will be compatible to my sprinter 2018 has the aux heater but not remote or receiver

JFloFoto

was it possible to add the remote to the heater control, I wish to order the parts, but want to make sure it will be compatible to my sprinter 2018 has the aux heater but not remote or receiver
It is not only possible, I just did it. I modified my heater booster to an auxilliary heater. Then, rather than spend $500+ on the Espar stationary remote and controller, I hooked up a $15 RF remote control from Amazon. Works like a charm. Now I don't have to walk out to the vehicle to turn on the auxilliary heater.

Top Bottom