Turn Signal Relay

bkmdno25

Oh another minor problem this morning. I went to turn left at the end of my street and my blinker blinked three times and stopped, not continually solid like some people. It would work fine then not then just gave up completely. I checked bulbs and fuses, nothing. Luckily, i have a 2005 also, so i pulled the turn signal relay, which is the bottom right relay below the fuses in the steering column. Put it in the 2002, and the blinkers are back in action.

Re: Diary of a Wimpy Rig!

... Luckily, i have a 2005 also, so i pulled the turn signal relay, which is the bottom right relay below the fuses in the steering column. Put it in the 2002, and the blinkers are back in action.
It is likely that just pulling and re-installing the same relay would have restored operation. That problem/solution has been mentioned here at times.

Skydiver007 - Please go no further in this post.

I drilled a hole in my plastic fuse box cover to allow a relay wiggle on the fly. I'm still fixin' to get to pulling the FB #1 and exploring why it stops blinking once in a while. :rolleyes: :idunno:

The post is here. (Be certain to look down to post #9.)

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?p=220978#post220978

vic

jrichard904

I had the same intermittent problem with my 05. Replaced the turn signal switch and all was well for about 3 weeks. Then the problem returned.:bash: After disassembling the old switch I discovered it was full of particles from my extremely worn steering wheel (348,000 miles). I am trying to figure out a way to seal the emergency flasher switch on the top of the turn signal switch ( this is where the crud gets in )to keep the dirt and rubber steering wheel particles out. If I can figure out a way to do that or find a lace on steering wheel grip that is the correct size, I will clean and reinstall my old switch. I'll re post if I figure out a fix.

Top Bottom