Mercedes Sprinter 315 CDI EGR

espenlarg

Hello
Can someone please help me with my probs?
After cleaning the EGR 7 times i had enough,so i installed an emulator that i purchased from ebay.
But the f#%^^€<>ing **** still limps.
Read the fault codes today,and theres alot of them.
Here they are:
P1954
P0401
P1955
P2355
P2527
P2068
P2067
P2025
P2672
P2511

Can anybody help me,i'm desperate!!!

lindenengineering

espenlarge
Some of the codes you have posted are not applicatioable to your NCV3 model, however I haved extracted pertinence on about 50% of them, which might be significant. That stated some of the others at the top of your list might present a priority but have been read wrongly.

Anyway of the list here are some interpretations which might be significant.

P2355 EGR rate too high
P2527 EGR position circuit short to voltage fault.
P2068 MAF Air flow short circuit*
MAF open circuit*
P2025 Intake manifold pressure sensor*"
P2672 Fuel quantity monitoring fault Boost temp too high.
P2511 EGR Position fault note thera re sub codes /1 & /2 for this defect.

**** Note these will flag a fault if you run the engiune up with the air cleaner harness disconnected!!

Overall a scan with a tool that can interpret your fault codes might point you to something that is the cause of the issue, like EGR cooler faults and thermo couples (sensors) & boost temp!!.

Sorry I could not be more expansive at this stage. It might help to clear out the codes (making a note of them) and do a re-learn going through the drive cycles until it faults out. This is important since you may have old/dormant and soft codes which are just stored.
Then re-assess with an appropriate tool for the product line.
If you can post an update I might be able to be more specific on the actual fault
Cheers Dennis

GreenDiesel

Green Diesel Engineering
We have engine tunes for your rig that will stop the EGR, 2-4 mpg improvement and more power. Additionally, there will be no fault codes and no limp mode.

GreenDiesel

Green Diesel Engineering
We ship you a hand held flash tool and you load some software on a pc running windows to set up the tool for your vehicle. Then read the stock tune and email to us, we email back the GDE ECO tune, you install onto flash tool with pc and then write the tune on the vehicle. Vehicle side work is completed through the OBD port. The tool holds both the stock tune and GDE tune, so you can change as needed and it will read/clear engine fault codes. Have a look to our website at www.greendieselengineering.com for pictures of the tool and other info specific to the Sprinter. Thanks, GDE

Top Bottom