PDA

View Full Version : Starting issue

dmonroe67
10-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Hey guys,
I had pulled the cover off the driver seat to check the relays for the turn signals, which had stopped working. Pulled off one relay to check for corrosion, gunk, etc. checked the others for looseness, reseating I now have a no start situation. Turn the key, and the pump cycles, all the guages powerup, horn works, wipers work, lights work, but no starter crank. Any insight from the forum would be appreciated. Also, I live in central Ct., and wonder if anyone has had good luck with service from a particular place here. Thanks.

JAM
10-30-2013, 03:21 AM
Does your aux ac fan come on when you turn the key and just get a click?

GREYGHOST
10-30-2013, 03:43 AM
check this forum for info on starter relay under seat. check all fuses, i had missed a fuse that was stopping my lights flashing after remote door lock 9three flashes0 and radio inoperable . it was listed as instrument cluster fuse , 20 amp, on the steering column. good luck.

dmonroe67
10-30-2013, 03:15 PM
OK fellas, Got a call from Doktor A who pointed me in the right direction, which was with the trans relay. One of the relay wires was not inserted into the plug. I put a needle nose plier on the wire, and pushed it up into the plug,it clicked in, and is now functional. Many thanks to the Doktor for being good enough to take the time to help out a complete stranger. Being a "Pittsburgh Guy" is something to live up to, and the Doktor is indeed a fine Pittsburgh Guy. Thanks,
Dave