where to access tech information

fishermunn

Art Show Van
i am wanting to change the serpentine belt and glow plugs on my 08 ncv3 sprinter.

i went to sign and in a resubscribe to sprinter tekinfo, but noticed the support was for 2010 models and above. before i subscribe, would 2010 model be accurate enough for a 2008?

is there a source that would give me the information, belt routing schematic etc. for the 2008 model?
thanks in advance!

sailquik

fishermunn,
For model years 2007-2013 the OM-642 3.0 liter V6 is pretty much the same. There are added emissions devices (SCR/DEF) in 2010 and later
but they would not affect the routing of the drive belts.
Have you searched on this forum for a schematic?
Some may have posted this information.
Also, might be good to draw your own schematic with rotational arrows to show the routing of the serpentine belt BEFORE
you remove your old belt. Maybe draw that schematic in indelible sharpie ink on the inside of your hood.
Hope this helps,
Roger

Last edited:

fishermunn

Art Show Van
Hi roger!
Thanks for the reply.
I have searched, but with no schematic.
I can not get a clear view to see the routing to be able to accurately do a sketch. I was hoping to see a schematic and then try and visualize the routing on the truck.
I do need more info before proceeding.

sailquik

Hi fishermunn,
OK, try this!
Took me a while to figure out a way to "mine" the photo out of the .PDF.
Here's a clear photo of the installation of the main serpentine on a 2007 written up
by Andreas Brockman @ MBUSA Sprinter Engineering and Compliance in Ladson SC at the
reassembly plant.

Attachments

fishermunn

Art Show Van
thanks roger,
can you share the link as to where i might get this information? it would be very useful to read up on any "how to's" before i try it myself..

edit: sorry, i got a little lazy there. a quick google search gave me some good routing diagrams. i will report back when i do the job and post my experience.

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
In the T1N, there's a sticker in the engine compartment showing the correct routing.
Is that missing from the NCV3?

added: Nope, flakey memory of the T1N on my part....
The only sticker (on top of the radiator frame) shows belt direction of travel.

However, the 2005 Owner's Manual *does* have belt diagrams.
Two, in fact: one for "with Auxiliary drive" and one without.

T1N (OM647 engine) Serpentine (page 222 in 2005 owner's manual):
SerpentineDriveBelt.jpg

Auxiliary belt, with serpentine shown behind (page 172), and direction-of-travel arrow:
AuxDriveBelt.jpg

--dick

Last edited:

Top Bottom