HHO hydrogen generators

Greg336

Hi, I would like to know if anyone here has tried using a HHO hydrogen generator and if so what kinds of luck you have had with them. Also can anyone tell me if there are any other forum's around where I can find out more info about them good or bad? Thank You.

mgjessop

I have had mine for quite a while now and is awesome... I have saved about %14 in fuel... If you drive alot it will save alot, if you don't drive that much it might take you a while to get your money out of the system... I think the biggest improvement comes not from the hydrogen as a fuel but the fact that it helps with combustion... http://savefuel.ca/hydrogen/smallproducts.php?id=carproducts is a great place to buy... I know alot of people claim huge fuel saving's like 50-75%, which I don't think is even possible, you can expect 5-15% on our vans... They have a 30 liter system for around $350...

drbailes

I'm new at this, so I am trying to learn from those with experience...

Are there any other modifications necessary in order to benefit from the hydrogen generators? Where is the best place to "inject" the intake system with the hose from the generator? Since there is very little vacuum, how do you know that the hydrogen is making it to the engine?

drbailes

I have had mine for quite a while now and is awesome... I have saved about %14 in fuel... If you drive alot it will save alot, if you don't drive that much it might take you a while to get your money out of the system... I think the biggest improvement comes not from the hydrogen as a fuel but the fact that it helps with combustion... http://savefuel.ca/hydrogen/smallproducts.php?id=carproducts is a great place to buy... I know alot of people claim huge fuel saving's like 50-75%, which I don't think is even possible, you can expect 5-15% on our vans... They have a 30 liter system for around $350...
How is it going now? Are you still getting about 14% better mileage? There is an oxygen sensor on the exhaust pipe going down right after the exhaust manifold. Have you needed to put an EFIE unit to adjust the sensor's output to the computer? I have read that diesels do not need these, but I am wondering about the Sprinter engines....

mgjessop

I am still getting about 15% fuel saving's... I didn't have to change anything on the sprinter... I have about 70k miles with system... Not one issue what so ever... It is only $347, it worth every penny...

FuelSaving

Aubrey Zhang
I am still getting about 15% fuel saving's... I didn't have to change anything on the sprinter... I have about 70k miles with system... Not one issue what so ever... It is only $347, it worth every penny...
Hmmm.... very similar to my own tests. I did two highway comparison tests (turning the hydrogen generator ON for the first leg and OFF for the second leg of the trip). The first test gave me 14% fuel saving and the second 16% - see my result at www.autofuelsaving.com - I have pictures there too.

Wonder what should be done to increase the fuel saving further.

mgjessop

I don't think there is anything we can do... Maybe getting another system, so you have 2 systems... It would be cool to get another 15%, but I don't think it would give us that much...:thinking:

Jrmorgan

I don't think there is anything we can do... Maybe getting another system, so you have 2 systems... It would be cool to get another 15%, but I don't think it would give us that much...:thinking:
I believe in the Hydrogen generators in principle. What I'm having is a hard time "seeing" is,
lets say a idle the generator is making enough gas to burn. If I read the site about them, they work at a constant voltage. so no matter what the demand the system pumps out the same amount.

As the air flow increases in the air intake of the engine, at one point the demand far exceeds the gas produced in this passive system.

Or this system produces far in excess gas at idle and at speed "normalizes...

So you have to have a variable mechanism to produce enough gas to run at Highway speeds.
Or.. you have to have a system that stores the gas and delivers it on demand. Course this could be dangerous as you now are working with a mixture of pressurized hydrogen and oxygen.

So now instead of a passive system, we have a bulkier system. Producing, storing, and delivering.

I'm not a rocket scientist but I met one once.......

:idunno::idunno::idunno::idunno::idunno:

mgjessop

I don't think it makes enough gas to burn as a fuel sorce... It helps with fuel air ratio, which makes for a better hotter burn... I am only getting about a 15% increase in fuel economy, if it was adding more energy, I am sure I would see a much better fuel gain... If you take a propane injection setup, you will use 50% less diesel beacuse you are getting energy from the propane... You will not get that with a Hydrogen Generator...

tegimr

2003 Pass 140 289000 mile
I believe in the Hydrogen generators in principle. What I'm having is a hard time "seeing" is,
lets say a idle the generator is making enough gas to burn. If I read the site about them, they work at a constant voltage. so no matter what the demand the system pumps out the same amount.

As the air flow increases in the air intake of the engine, at one point the demand far exceeds the gas produced in this passive system.

Or this system produces far in excess gas at idle and at speed "normalizes...

So you have to have a variable mechanism to produce enough gas to run at Highway speeds.
Or.. you have to have a system that stores the gas and delivers it on demand. Course this could be dangerous as you now are working with a mixture of pressurized hydrogen and oxygen.

So now instead of a passive system, we have a bulkier system. Producing, storing, and delivering.

I'm not a rocket scientist but I met one once.......

:idunno::idunno::idunno::idunno::idunno:
Indeed - production at one rate is an challenge - the options are
1.) store for higher usage - as you noted, bad idea as the gas (browns gas) is exactly the correct and ideal for combustion
2.) multiple cells with some control mechanism for increased production

To properly and safely get to that 'optimal' level for maximum mileage (assuming that we are talking about increased efficiency rather than hydrogen as a fuel) one should have enough sensors and instrumentation to measure and display effects real-time.

Installing a second unit or an incorrectly sized unit could mean damage to the engine. 'Brew your own' is recommended by some, but those who consider that should definitely do a serious amount of math, as math scratch paper is less expensive than an engine rebuild or hospital bills. and always ask the 'what if . . . ?" questions to achieve the safety needed.

And, if you do succeed, keep us posted on your results. It'll be good to hear.

Cheers,
Tim

BULBASOR

And still it goes on . .

I checked out all the ones I could find and this one had the best results of all of them.

Here is the big daddy all ready to go guys - a FULL 50% fuel savings! HUGE output! If you are gonna do it - do it right I always say:

Here is the link:

http://gethydropower.com/products_kong.html

Oh, and when you get there make sure you click the "SCIENCE" link at the far right bottom so you can see the real science behind the operation to make sure it's based on sound principles.

Looks like the fuel crisis has been solved! Can't wait to get one.

tegimr

2003 Pass 140 289000 mile
And still it goes on . .

I checked out all the ones I could find and this one had the best results of all of them.

Here is the big daddy all ready to go guys - a FULL 50% fuel savings! HUGE output! If you are gonna do it - do it right I always say:

Here is the link:

http://gethydropower.com/products_kong.html

Oh, and when you get there make sure you click the "SCIENCE" link at the far right bottom so you can see the real science behind the operation to make sure it's based on sound principles.

Looks like the fuel crisis has been solved! Can't wait to get one.
:lol: I'd be afraid to put that much in the diesel engine.

Say - although they don't have the page completed for the "Science" link, the FAQ actually has more accurate information than any other "Hydrolizer" sales pitch.
How do your units work?
Our Electrolyzers separate oxygen, hydrogen, hydrazine and nitrate from a proprietary electrolyte solution by using power generated by your alternator. A portion of this gas is commonly referred to as Browns gas.[cool, it's not the hydrogen!]
. . .
How does the gas get into my engine?
The gas is drawn into your engine under a vacuum. This provides a constant supply of hydrogen and oxygen to enhance combustion.[cool - enhance combustion, not run on hydrogen]
. . .
How does "Browns Gas" provide fuel savings?
The primary benefit of our technology is to the combustion process inside your engine. This is accomplished through the addition of oxygen, hydrogen, Hydrazine and Nitrate which enables a more thorough burn of the petroleum. [right-on! more thorough burn of petroleum, not running on hydrogen]. In effect, we are replacing a small percentage of normal atmosphere with a gaseous fuel.

. . Once your engine management system adjusts to the new environment, the injectors will be instructed to deliver less petroleum to the engine.[ Maybe an oxygen sensor thing?]
So, the lack of the "Science" page may just be as posted, unfinished, while the product MAY have a foundation in good science. What is kinda whacky about this is the introduction of Hydrazine and Nitrates. Would nitrates not increase NOx emissions? Would that be good for an engine? Maybe better than corrosive hydrazine! Caveat emptor!

Additionally, this seller underscores what was previously posted - there's little incentive to produce a safe browns gas production machine. Note on the site they have their OWN PROPRIETARY electrolyte, the use of another voids warrantee. Their profit is continued purchase of electrolyte. Every 20 hours. that is every 10 days for me. I'll stick with baking soda and tap water.

Regards,
Tim

Last edited:

BULBASOR

Yup, this was the most honest one I could find - and the "lack of science" part is not really their fault - they just plain don't know why it works. It's a lot like running RL2 or any other additive. Some people really swear buy it and others say it's a waste of your money.

There are a LOT of controversies surrounding additives. (Which is essentially what w are talking about here - ADDITIVES).

This has nothing to do with creating hydrogen to burn as fuel in your car. This place in Canada was the only place I could find that was doing HONEST experiments on a working prototype and the only way they could fund it was to have a monthly fee, so this is about as serious as you can get with a hydrazine generator.

Now, why would anyone feel surprised that hydrazine works in auto engines? The main component of Gasoline is BENZINE. These hydrazine generators are really more like putting gasoline in the fuel line to improve combustion, (something big truckers have messed with for 60 years) - but I would really worry about pre-ignition under heavy loads. (At least that's what the truckers said).

I think the real merit of this machine is that it creates a flammable gas while your are idling. That's the real trick. When you idle you just sit and burn gas and your throwing away horsepower that you could be using. By creating a gas during idle you can gain back some of that lost energy - but for regular highway driving this will do no good.

The concept of conserving the lost horsepower used during idle is not new and Toyota Prius already solved that problem. If you sit at a stop light and the motor is running it's also charging a battery so you can use that stored energy later. In city driving a HUGE loss of wasted horsepower is STOPPING. Every time you brake the car you throw away all the horsepower you used to get it rolling in the first place. The Prius uses regenerative braking to turn the electric motor into a generator so it makes electricity while braking. That way you store that energy instead of throwing it away.

To make the hydrazine generator really work it would need to STORE the gas in a tank somewhere to be used later. In that configuration it really could save you tons of fuel - but who wants to run their car on hydrazine? That can't be real good for the engine.

Top Bottom