PDA

View Full Version : Injection cleaning, can this be done on a Sprinter?

Coast2Coast
10-12-2013, 05:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_ZGh1KEec

CO AL mentions how he tried it in this thread.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18210

EZoilburner
10-12-2013, 11:51 PM
I can see someone saying the in-line filter may or may not filter impurities and send them into the fuel system. Personally, I use PS gray in the summer and PS white in the winter EVERY fill up and in MY opinion is the best way to keep things clean and in top shape but You didn't ask My opinion so yes I think it can be done without a doubt, it may even help.

Altered Sprinter
10-13-2013, 01:14 AM
cdi is purged direct from the fuel filter to the fuel rail,it works ,as Liqui Moly states two diesel purges may be required,EGR must be cleaned as well.

However a direct purge from the fuel filter CDI ,requires a restart once fuel lines are re-connected, it will not start,and or if it does, there will be ongoing problems associated with air in the lines.

Fuel tank required compression to eliminate air bubbles and bring the injectors back to the required psi values to re-fire,otherwise the injector will dump the fuel back via the low pressure pump into your fuel tank.

Use Liqui Moly Diesel Clean and Boost [PART NUMBER 2769],it requires 'A one liter can' over one tank ,ONCE USED>>>refill and continue to run till the third refill and repeat with the additional additive.

Boosts fuel ignition.
Cleans injectors and cuts exhaust smoke.
Adds a non alcohol based lubrication for improved fuel economy.

LIQUI MOLY: Diesel Purge Plus:[PART NUMBER 2790 A 500 mil can] is added direct to fuel,depending on age of engine up to three 500mil cans may be used over a 5000 kilometer range,to be fully effective as it has the added bonus of Molybdenum,(MOS2) The product does not interfere with the integrity of fuel and oils, safe with a Diesel Particulate Filter.

Liqui Moly has many similar additives to choose from.

IT'S NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD.:shifty:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8157/7520401496_cfed87df0b_h.jpg

Coast2Coast
10-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Richard how could it screw anything up? When we remove and reinstall a new fuel filter we take off the same hoses. They are then exposed to the air. I've changed several fuel filters and don't seem to have any problems.... :thinking: :crazy:

shortshort
10-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Run a little biodiesel. Sorted.

Altered Sprinter
10-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Richard how could it screw anything up? When we remove and reinstall a new fuel filter we take off the same hoses. They are then exposed to the air. I've changed several fuel filters and don't seem to have any problems.... :thinking: :crazy:
Because there are two of, one is added direct to the tank [Shock & Awe Treatment] the main pro purge is the one that causes the issue of a restart.
The above can be added to a full tank of fuel, two 500mil cans are required for a Sprinter Tank it takes longer to clean the system out but it's the safest method without out any mechanical associated issues.

If used as a direct injection purge.
Directions for use; Open fuel supply pipe and return pipe and insert them into can of Diesel purge Plus+. Start engine and run at various speeds until product is completely used.
In the first instance you can't see what's going on in a metal can, lots of bubbles = air in main rail fuel line.

This product requires diesel to start engine to integrate the purge, however it the engine will not start on the product alone,unless you fluke it?

Hot maybe, cold no way.
Once the additive has run dry, the rail fuel line is empty of fuel the injector ports close off,as there is no psi value to re-start the engine, it will simply dump fuel back to the return fuel line via the low pressure pump .

Reconnection the fuel line, to the filter, yes fuel will go into the rail fuel line along with air ,there is insufficient fuel pressure to open the injector purge psi values to re-fore the engine.
Mercedes Ford, Fiat, Citroen, Renault do not have a high lift self priming pump past the fuel filter to re-pressurize the injectors.

This product Diesel Clean & Boost is foolproof,one would be better of using the later as to zero issues unless your injection values for psi are abnormally un equal.
The last product is strictly for the pro's and is not available at local retail sales outlets.
Wynn's is a three part engine Restoration program.