Anyone ever put a 158" on a car hauler?

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
Just curious. I've been shopping for a "deal" :lol:

Ran across a couple that "need work", which is the sorta thing I get into sometimes. :crazy::crazy: But would have to tow the home.

Thing is, I have a 18' dovetail dual axle car hauler. The math is so close it *might* fit. Basically, with the nose at the front of the trailer the rear wheels should just barely be on. With the nose over the front edge of my deck I could get the wheels further up the deck.

Anyone actually done it.

SullyVan

2005 T1N Conversion
Yup. When mine broke down once, I had it up on one. The whole Sprinter behind the rear wheels hangs off the back really far, the rear wheels jusr barely are on the tow vehicle.

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
Yeah, I kinda figured it would extend beyond the trailer at least 4-5' depending on how far forward I could get it.

Any pictures. Any idea of the tongue weight? (Since there won't be much room for adjustment)

SullyVan

2005 T1N Conversion
No pictures. I was too upset and didn't feel like recording the breakdown, 2 days into a vacation with the wife at the time. :)

d_bertko

Not exactly the same thing but I have had my 02 158" towed a couple of times on a flatbed tow truck. Usually a tight fit on a AAA tow truck.

One of the times the Sprinter could not be loaded nose-first. The tail-first loading resulted in the front tires hanging off the sloping lip of the tow bed about halfway. I was dubious but it was well chained and did not budge from that precarious position when towed.

Dan

Top Bottom