Radiator Expansion Tank ???

skydiver007

DRB III Owner If You Need
Was getting ready for a trip yesterday and noticed water bubbling out of a seam on my radiator expansion tank. Not very much but enough to make me believe it may be time to replace
(246k on the odometer).

Didn't take the time to see if it is a separate part. Can I get just that part or only whole radiator. Been running in the 190 to 202 range lately and I am considering replacing the water pump and radiator as I dont know and dont believe they have ever been changed since new.

Could not find online the expansion tank separate.

Europarts is $315.00 for shipping. WTF and they don't have a ground shipping option. Anybody know where to get the best deal ??????

shortshort

Dis member
I'd most definitely put on a new water pump and change out all the pulleys/tensioner if you've anything like 100k on it. Might also wanna change the trans fluid while you're in it.

Edit: belt, fan clutch... Lotsa wear out stuff is significantly easier with the radiator off. Be certain to inspect the harmonic balancer as well.

Last edited:

skydiver007

DRB III Owner If You Need
All of the other parts you mentioned have already been done by me a couple of times. I have replaced everything under the hood including the turbo. Only parts I haven't replaced are the radiator and water pump. Fan clutch and fan are new as well as charge air cooler. Doktor A has already replaced the harmonic balancer too.

I got Euro Parts on the phone and they were able to ground ship the radiator so everything worked out.

Top Bottom