PDA

View Full Version : New German Sprinter Comes to California

BULBASOR
03-10-2008, 06:32 PM
First time ever - this is the first time this German made Sprinter has ever been in the United States. It's here in San Diego: Have a look:

:tongue: Ha Ha I fooled you ! :bounce: You thought is was a German Sprinter Van huh!? :lol: I bet you were not expecting a TRAIN ! (Unless maybe your from Gemany then you have probably already been on the German Sprinter TRAIN!

What do you think of the paint job? Would it look good on a Sprinter Van?

So, I will be riding in the SPRINTER even when I'm not in BULBASOR!

I would send you a link to the North County Transit District but the Sprinter Trains from Germany have been so popular here since they opened yesterday that the web site has been overloaded and only connects after about 30 trys.

sikwan
03-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Where is the start and finish of that line? Or actually how long is it?

EDIT: Well, I just went there...

http://www.gonctd.com/sprinter_stations.htm

...and it's only on a 22 mile route. :crazy: Kind of like Rome's subway. It doesn't go any where. :smirk:

BULBASOR
03-10-2008, 08:14 PM
It connects the north county sities with the coaster witch connects to the red trolly line in san diego and the metro rail in los angeles.

the tracks were already there, so it was really cheap. all they did was buy some trains, and they are small trains, not big expensive ones. the train set was cheaper to operate and made more money than the busses because of the route.

Altered Sprinter
03-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Sprinter:bounce:Guess who has financial interests in that one?
Richard

jdcaples
03-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Sprinter:Guess who has financial interests in that one?
Richard

Freightliner (http://www.freightliner.co.uk/) at One Eversholt Street London NW1 2FL ? :)

BULBASOR
03-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Ya, I keep telling your guys! This is the place to be! You want your own little piece of Europe on the coast just move on down here to North County. South County is still very "California" but North County is very different.

Dr. Andy would be happy because they have the regular full blown Octoberfest in Carlsbad with the beer and liederhosen and all the other stuff - goes on for days.

I was an employee of Siemens for many years, (And Westinghouse AND General Electric), and I have a pension with Westinghouse and Siemens so the train is good for me! (I sold all my GE stock).

Richard would be happy to know we also have the express hydrofoil boat between the 2 Harbors just like they do in Sydny by the opra house. It's faster than riding the COASTER (SPRINTERS big brother), but more expensive. (There are only 2 harbors in San Diego County - a reallly realllly big one down south and a really really reall tiny one up north.

Here is a test for Baywood Bill in case this is confusing him:

BaywoodBill
03-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Slick looking train, Bulbasor. Is it fast? Quiet? On time? Did they have to re-set the rails?

Terrific to see that it's popular. It's got to be or it won't work to do what everyone hopes it will do.