PDA

View Full Version : Wont shift from park, no brake lights

sam1am
09-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Checked the fuse and it was a 15A not a 10A but it wasn't blown. I got no brake lights, can't shift from park, and tapping the brakes does not cancel cruise control. If not that fuse then what else?

ECU
09-28-2013, 04:11 PM
The brake switch at the pedal?

jefjonsin
09-28-2013, 04:23 PM
The break switch at the pedal. I had this problem after showering at a truck stop in Oregon. I was supposed to be at a performance an hour after discovering this problem. We forced the van into drive and made it there. The next day we drove over to a local dodge dealer and picked the switch up. Its a very easy part to replace yourself. I think the cost was around $85

sam1am
09-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Brake light switch it was indeed. $30 for the part and I was able to manage replacing the bugger myself. Back on the road.. Thanks guys!

hkpierce
09-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Maybe - maybe not. Most of the time the brake switch simply needs to be reset in its mount and there is nothing wrong with the switch itself.

riskydnb
09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Might need a new brake switch but try taking the old one out and then readjusting the white push button by pulling it out. Put the brake switch back in then test it. If it still doesnt work then you need a new one. It is very easy to install, takes 20 sec. All you need is a flay head screw driver and a flashlight.