HVAC Control Unit, Need Correct part number

skill3

2006 Dodge T1N 2500 118"
I need a new HVAC control. The parts book shows 4 different choices. I don't know which one is correct for my Sprinter.
Here is the option number for my Sprinter:

HH9 SEMI-AUTO. REGULATED AIR CONDITIONING, TEMPMATIC
HZ9 HEATER BOOSTER, DIESEL

Here are the 4 HVAC units:
1) CONTROL. A/C And Heater. . [-HAB+3JV], Air Conditionig without Auto Temperature Control & without Auxiliary Hot Water Heater, Manual, Without [HAB], [3JV].
CONTROL. A/C And Heater. [-HAB+3JV]. . -("Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control"+"Heater Booster"%"Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control"%"Heater Booster"). Required: 001

2) CONTROL. A/C And Heater. . [3JV],[4Z1], With [3JV,4Z1], With [3JV].
CONTROL. A/C And Heater. With [3JV]. . "Heater Booster". Required: 001

3) CONTROL. A/C And Heater. . [HAB+3JV], [HAB,3JV], [HAB],[3JV], Air Conditionig with Auto Temperature Control & with Auxiliary Hot Water Heater, W/AUXILIARY HOT WATERHEATER.
CONTROL. A/C And Heater. [HAB+3JV]. . "Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control"+"Heater Booster". Required: 001

4) CONTROL. A/C And Heater. . [HAB], Air Conditionig with Auto Temperature Control, Air Conditionig with Auto Temperature Control[HAB], Auto Temp.
CONTROL. A/C And Heater. [HAB]. . "Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control". Required: 001

I can't figure out which is the correct part number. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

When I first read your post I thought that just keying in on the Auto temperature control (which seems standard on all 2004 - 2006 NAFTA T1N's) and the Booster Heater option text would narrow it down. Then I tried to make a selection... I can see why you started the thread.

Maybe bc339 Bruce will chime in. He seems to often have the correct answers for parts. :thumbup:

vic

riskydnb

I have #1 & #2 remanufactured w/ 1 year warranty in stock for $250 w. $75 refundable core charge. If you are interested call/text Randy @ 760-622-0148.

bc339

Skip, I had your VIN from some previous research. Your ATC (automatic temperature control) part number is:
Mercedes Benz A 000 446 35 28 (same p/n as mine) It has three buttons on the right control - A/C, Rest and Aux heater controls.

The MB to Chrysler p/n cross reference did not list the part. If you order or call a Dodge parts dept, they can use the MB number.

There are a few options for a replacement.

New - $380.00 to $400.00 range

Used - $200.00 range

Repaired - $100.00 range - look up climate control repair services. They either repair yours or offer an exchange with a refundable core charge. They also advertise a lifetime warranty.
This outfit is in TN - http://www.autoecu.com/

Bruce

Attachments

You did come through. :thumbup:
Skip, I had your VIN from some previous research. Your ATC (automatic temperature control) part number is:
Mercedes Benz A 000 446 35 28 (same p/n as mine) It has three buttons on the right control - A/C, Rest and Aux heater controls.

...Bruce
So that is the "typical" NAFTA configuration like I have in my cargo model with A/C and Booster too. Auto temperature control (for heat and A/C), and included Booster heater pushbutton.

From left to right my dash has the temperature control knob with blue/red graduations, black fan speed select wheel, duct level position select knob, little black fan grill to pull cabin air past the temperature sensor, and round black switch unit like in your picture. (I believe that the Aux heater would have a digital control panel.)

I hope that I never need to apply this information to my Sprinter.

Hint: If you don't have factory A/C you will not have the ambient temperature select option in the dash inset.

:cheers: vic

bc339

(I believe that the Aux heater would have a digital control panel.)[/QUOTE said:
Yic, that's correct - the 7 day timer fits in the rectangular opening on the center console. I used this image from a previous post on how to access the ATC.

Bruce

Last edited:

skill3

2006 Dodge T1N 2500 118"

I did some cross checking and I believe this is the correct Dodge part number: 05103643AA.
That corresponds with #4 on my list. If anyone can substantiate that, i would appreciate it.

Top Bottom