PDA

View Full Version : 12 Volt Accessory Socket No Go

kirkkw
09-23-2013, 01:51 AM
Last week I purchased a 2003 10 seater. I have found that the 12 volt accessory socket on the dash panel does not have power yet the cigarette lighter has power.

I looked through the owner's manual but did not see a fuse for the accessory socket on the dash - is there a separate fuse for that socket?

If not, what fuse is it on?

Maybe my problem is not a fuse - any ideas would be appreciated.

Ken

shortshort
09-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Dunno about fuses but they can become unplugged inside the dash. That little coin holder pops out easily so you can have a look. The heater gizmo might be more fun to get out if you have that option in place of the little box.

sailquik
09-23-2013, 02:37 AM
Ken,
There is a larger higher amperage fuse (~=25 amps??) for the accessory outlet somewhere.
It is the larger maxi-fuse up at the top of the fuse panel in the NCV3, so I would guess that there
is a separate fuse for that receptacle in your 2003 T1N.
I did a lot of looking online to try to find the correct fuse location diagram, but could not find anything.
And, the cigarette lighter is not on the same fuse.
Check out your owners manual..there may be a fuse location chart in the manual or as a separate sheet.
Hope this helps,
Roger

Aqua Puttana
09-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Check under the seat.

There's some info here using my 2004. It will be similar to your 2003, but not exactly the same. vic

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24683