PDA

View Full Version : Brake pad wear sensor ?

solera
03-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Being logical, it makes sense, that if you were to disconnect your wear sensors (where they plug in at each wheel) one at a time. When the dash light went out,, you would know the problem wheel. But, does this actually,,,, work ? :hmmm:

Anyone know? :thinking:

mobileoilchange
03-05-2008, 01:03 PM
IF your wear sensor light comes on you need new pads. why wouldnt you just inspect the brakes and replace them?

solera
03-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Wouldn't it have been easier to just answer the question ?

IT SURE, WOULD HAVE SAVED ME SOME TYPING... :smilewink:

I DID.

BUT I USED THE OLD SENSORS, AND I'M WONDERING IF I CAN CHECK IF THIS IS THE CAUSE FOR THE LIGHT COMING ON AGAIN,, BY DISCONNECTING THEM ?

DO YOU,,,,,,,,,, KNOW ? :hmmm:

sikwan
03-05-2008, 11:41 PM
According to the schematics you would think that that is true. I might even try it so that I only have to replace one sensor.

bikerjoe
03-06-2008, 06:32 AM
If you replace your pads and do not make SURE they float freely on the slide bolts, you will quickly wear out one pad or the other of the new set, as the caliper is unable to center itself. Also, oyu can't just push yur caliper pistons back in. you must remove the rubber boot and clean the pistons, so that you don't shove dirt back into the O-rings, causing the pistons to fail to float freely. Doing brakes correctly involves more than simply replacing the pads.

solera
03-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I might even try it so that I only have to replace one sensor.

My thinking,,,,,, exactly.. :smirk: