PDA

View Full Version : Ha Ha, another inner passenger door handle broke

surlyoldbill
09-17-2013, 03:02 PM
That's 3 so far. This Dorman one lasted a couple months. All the mechanism and cables are lubed, strike and latch adjusted for minimum pressure to release.

Aqua Puttana
09-17-2013, 03:12 PM
That's 3 so far. This Dorman one lasted a couple months. All the mechanism and cables are lubed, strike and latch adjusted for minimum pressure to release.
Mine's still OK, but this handle problem has come up a few times. Hotter climate area a factor maybe?

There was once a really nice repair method posted by some very bright SOB. Maybe the repaired one should be permanent.

The method is here for any who missed it. :thumbup:

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16718

vic

Boater
09-17-2013, 03:17 PM
You seem to be taking it well.....

Might as well just weld up the passenger door, paint a confederate flag on the roof and get in and out through the window....

surlyoldbill
09-17-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm going to check on a warranty, and when they tell me there isn't one I'll contrive some sort of METAL replacement for the section in question. My original bailing wire fixed part is long gone, as is the next repaired handle lever. I assumed that lubing all the parts and adjusting the alignment to you can open the door with just one finger from the inside would prevent further failures.

Am I the only one?

SullyVan
09-17-2013, 05:35 PM
You're pulling too hard. ;) ha ha ha No problems here. 2005 T1N