06 sprinter coolant leaking

Amurgolo

Hello all,

I have a 2006 dodge sprinter 2.5 L 2500 model 144 inch wheel base. Recently I have had to refill my radiator on a daily basis. The water pump and radiator was changed a little over a year ago. This morning I tried to find if I had a leaky hose or any other place water could be coming from. The only thing I saw was a hose spewing out water every three to four seconds. I attached a picture of where it is located. Is this normal? If I cannot find leak in the radiator, water pump, or hoses, is there any other place I can look? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

johnl

Have you checked the EGR coolant hose? Mine had a leak once and I couldn't tell where it was coming from. If that's it, it will be down and to the right of the EGR.

skill3

2006 Dodge T1N 2500 118"
It looks like you've been having a cooling problem for a while. All of the rusty stains around the radiator cap are a sign to check your cooling system. Has the engine been overheating? If so, I would check the thermostat. I would start with a new radiator cap and completely drain and refill the system with water. If what comes out it very rusty, I would consider a flush. If you stop losing fluid, then drain and refill with the proper antifreeze.

Top Bottom