PDA

View Full Version : 06 sprinter coolant leaking

Amurgolo
09-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Hello all,

I have a 2006 dodge sprinter 2.5 L 2500 model 144 inch wheel base. Recently I have had to refill my radiator on a daily basis. The water pump and radiator was changed a little over a year ago. This morning I tried to find if I had a leaky hose or any other place water could be coming from. The only thing I saw was a hose spewing out water every three to four seconds. I attached a picture of where it is located. Is this normal? If I cannot find leak in the radiator, water pump, or hoses, is there any other place I can look? Thanks for the help.

johnl
09-09-2013, 03:52 AM
Have you checked the EGR coolant hose? Mine had a leak once and I couldn't tell where it was coming from. If that's it, it will be down and to the right of the EGR.

Aqua Puttana
09-09-2013, 11:20 AM
It may be a faulty pressure cap, or something worse.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/app/newsfeed/detail?article=800801212

I would have the coolant system pressure tested.

Good luck. vic

skill3
09-09-2013, 07:42 PM
It looks like you've been having a cooling problem for a while. All of the rusty stains around the radiator cap are a sign to check your cooling system. Has the engine been overheating? If so, I would check the thermostat. I would start with a new radiator cap and completely drain and refill the system with water. If what comes out it very rusty, I would consider a flush. If you stop losing fluid, then drain and refill with the proper antifreeze.