PDA

View Full Version : Source for side window latch / lock 2005 Passenger 140

nifaron
09-02-2013, 01:10 PM
The bottom tab is broken, and thus the window doesn't want the stay put... for a short term solution I unscrewed it, and turned it upside down... at least it stays closed now. Any idea on where I can pick up a couple spares?

Thanks!
Aaron

nifaron
09-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Update: I spoke with a dealer in FL - they can't find a replacement for the latch that doesn't include the whole window... which is $700. Looks like I might need to fabricate something. :-(

Aaron in Iowa

Boz Staggs
04-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Old post, but did you ever fabricate something? I have the same or a similar problem. The female, rectangular "hole" (the strike?) that the latch fits into on the frame has worn past 90 degrees on one side from the force of the latch against it when the door closes. Now, the window often pops open when the slider is closed. I need a solution, other than replacing the window.

So far, I've thought of a lock bar made from ABS that would sit in the track in front of the slider to keep the window closed (similar to what you would use on a sliding door in a home). I'm making one of these, but it's cumbersome. I'd rather the latch just worked.

I'm also going to try a sliding window lock, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Prime-Line-Products-9821-Sliding-Window/dp/B004AHR9NU

But again, I'd rather the latch just work. There is enough play in the latch that a metal insert could solve the problem. I'm still thinking about how to make that.

Any ideas? What did you do?

jmoller99
04-07-2015, 06:26 PM
What does this part look like? I have a 3d printer that can print in nylon (very tough compared to the PLA and ABS plastics that it also can print). I suspect someone with a 3d printer to make a functional part.

Boz Staggs
04-08-2015, 02:58 PM
The sliding window lock works for now. I'm headed out on a trip to the mountains. I'll take some photos when I get back. Thanks for the good idea.

Tplumbn
04-08-2015, 04:59 PM
I used a thick piece of PVC that I ground down to fit the track. I drilled a small hole in the end of the arm and used a small screw to attach the piece of PVC. I greased it up a little to help it slide. Other than an occasional shudder as it goes up, it has worked fine for 3-4 years.

If you come up with a better replacement part, I would be interested it getting a couple.

nifaron
02-06-2017, 12:24 PM
The fix is in!

Yesterday I milled a couple out of Lexan (plexiglass) that work perfectly!

Here is a video of them in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHr9nyxXd0Y

If anyone is in need of some get in touch - I could probably crank out a few more for a donation to the tooling fund. :-)

Take care,
Aaron

autostaretx
02-06-2017, 05:57 PM
In *theory* ... the part number for the latch assembly is (MB) A 000 673 09 74 "handle, right"

(with no corresponding Dodge part number... the parts list says "MBA sourced only")

--dick