PDA

View Full Version : 118" interior rib locations?

llaskin
08-31-2013, 12:29 AM
I have a 2006 118" cargo, hight-top Sprinter. I have sprayed 3" of high density polyurethane foam over all of the interior walls and ceiling. Before I sprayed the foam I wrote down where all the ribs are located (I'm not sure if they are called ribs? They essentially function as wall studs. Do they have a different name?), however, I have misplaced my diagram. I am going to tap into these ribs with self taping screws to attach an interior finishing cladding, but their location is hidden under the foam. Does anyone know of a diagram online or care to send me the measurements? I have photos of the interior before the foam, and I'm sure I could figure out where they are but actual measurements would be helpful.
Thank you,
Lee

hulagun
08-31-2013, 02:57 AM
Maybe consider simply probing for them with a long pin or cake tester? Then you know exactly where they are. I wouldn't trust any other method anyway. You could end up letting daylight in. :tongue:

bc339
08-31-2013, 03:32 AM
See if this is what you need: http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1722&highlight=sprinter+van+body+dimensions

They are the body dimensions for the various wheelbases.

Bruce

shortshort
08-31-2013, 02:21 PM
The probe method makes the most sense. I have a 188 low I could give you numbers for, but they might be wrong for the high roof.