Sprinter Critters :(

baboonia

The used 06 we bought had not been regularly driven. It appears a family of mice/rats had decided to make the engine bay their home.

Do you think they ate the foamy thing around the ventilation box? Or do all foamy's break apart?

Now I get to vacuum up all the mouse droppings off of the engine and surrounding areas...

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Do you think they ate the foamy thing around the ventilation box?
I think the mice use that foam for nesting. They use cotton as mouse trap bait at Scotty's Castle in Death Valley.

Very interesting! Thanks for the pictures! :thumbup:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I know it's a long shot, but Hantavirus - and other pathogens - always come to mind before I clean up rodent droppings, especially if I think I might liberate a pathogen from feces by using a something like a vacuum.

... just something to think about ...

(outtake from the above URL)
As of July of 2007, six states had reported 30 or more cases of Hantavirus since 1993 - New Mexico (69), Colorado (49), Arizona (46), California (43), Texas (33), and Washington (30). Other states reporting a significant number of cases include Montana (25), Idaho (19), and Utah (24). With only 7 cases, Oregon has a notably lower attack rate overall and relative to population, compared to other Western states.

Last edited:

Top Bottom