PDA

View Full Version : 2004 2500 Oxygen sensor problem

itsubyme
08-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Have a 2004 Sprinter 2500 with 34000 miles on it. Keep getting P2030,P2026,P2032 O2 codes .
I have installed 2 new O2 sensor in but still same codes and loss of power on steep inclines and mileage drop. I get the codes using Snap on Modis scanner but it does not give info on these codes nor do I see the O2 in the data stream. Any ideas you can throw at me be great. Has new fuel filter in also.
Thanks

Aqua Puttana
08-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Those codes show as Chrysler DTC's. They don't show on the Sprinter lists I have.

P2026 EVAP Fuel Vapor Temp Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

P2030 Fuel Fired Heater Perf

P2032 Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor Circuit Low Bank1 Sensor2

Here's one source.

http://www.fcrosby.com/sprinter/dtc.html

I know that a Snap-on tool with the correct hardware and software is fairly reliable for reading Dodge/MB Sprinter codes. If the correct additions are not being used then you may not be getting accurate information.

Until you are certain that the scan tool is Sprinter compatible I would not be purchasing any additional parts.

I need to run. do an advanced search using Smap-on and lindenengineering. Dennis gave some great Snap-on tips. The tips may be in my Cheap Tricks or Stoopid Things too. vic

Aqua Puttana
08-28-2013, 04:27 AM
Here's Dennis/Lindenengineering's comments about Snap-on scan tool use for Sprinters. There are also some other links that may be of help. vic

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=203005#post203005

vic

lindenengineering
08-30-2013, 02:35 PM
For info
On a TIN code P2030 refers to the air pressure sensor located on top of the air filter cover.
It monitors air pressure inside the housing.

1) Check that the harness plug is connected properly???? --often they are found false connected.
2) Check that the cover is properly fitted and that it isn't cracked/mounting boss broken.
3) If you have been using an aftermarket air filter it might have got sucked up by dirt plugging, or it just collapsed into a pent roof configuration. Use a genuine filter to remedy that!
4) Check that it is properly secured, that the cover isn't cracked, or in fact that the air filter carcass isn't broken
5) With Snappy connected go to instrument menu and check the outside air temp sensor aginst what you see on the speedo mounted info panel display. Often defective due to road salt contamination it is found behind the front bumper. Can cause turbo /air intake issues.

Fix and/or correct that little lot and you will probably find it will "auto fix" the O2 sensor reading once you havbe cleared the codes.
Dennis

lindenengineering
08-30-2013, 02:38 PM
As an erratum
You might of course need a new sensor pt # A 005 153 50 28 (if all that little lot I have mentioned is good)
Dennis