DPF removal

A440

How hard is it to remove the DPF for cleaning. I cant see where the flanges are. Does it bolt onto the rear or the turbo?

Gary

07 170 High Roof

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
No I haven't!... but I've slept in a Best Western motel and I think this is a picture of one...:shifty:...

Attachments

A440

Thanks for the picture. Ill look at mine again tomorrow. I just cant see where the top part connects it seems to disappear under heat shield looking thing on the back of the turbo.

Gary

dukepilot

Custom Spooling USA
You are probably looking at the oxidation catalyst, which is just downstream of the turbo. The DPF is the canister with the two small diameter pressure lines coming off of it. The front end of the DPF connects to the flex pipe off the cat. There's a clamp at the front and a band clamp at the rear.

Here is a pic of the DPF.

nctrailseeker

Should take you no more than 30 minutes to remove. Front connection may be just above the transmission cross member, second is more obvious. A little shot of WD-40 goes a long way & saves muscle strain. Your correct DPF is the pic dukepilot posted.

A440

Thank you, I was looking at the wrong part. Looks simple enough. Next question, any suggestions for a reputable dpf cleaning company?

Gary

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

A440

Thanks Blessing, I too can Google and am capable of using a search function. I was just hoping that someone with DPFs experience could provide me a referral. Since I am on the road so much most of my surfing time is done on my telephone at restaurants or other stops and it's hard sometimes to wade through endless posts full of off topic info to find one answer. You may notice that I rarely do post........... This might be because I do search to find answers when I have the time and laptop handy. No offense and I'm sure you meant well by it but I sure get tired of the smart ass go to Google or use search function answer when well meaning people ask a legit question. There are forums that I frequent where I am very knowledgeable of the subject and try to help as many people as I can. Hopefully I misread the intent of your post. OK minor rant over

Gary

BBlessing

61k happy miles
Thanks Blessing, I too can Google and am capable of using a search function. I was just hoping that someone with DPFs experience could provide me a referral. Since I am on the road so much most of my surfing time is done on my telephone at restaurants or other stops and it's hard sometimes to wade through endless posts full of off topic info to find one answer. You may notice that I rarely do post........... This might be because I do search to find answers when I have the time and laptop handy. No offense and I'm sure you meant well by it but I sure get tired of the smart ass go to Google or use search function answer when well meaning people ask a legit question. There are forums that I frequent where I am very knowledgeable of the subject and try to help as many people as I can. Hopefully I misread the intent of your post. OK minor rant over

Gary

didn't mean to come across as an ass. this topic has been discussed ad nauseum on the forum and another member asking the question again just creates more useless posts to have to wade through to find the info you want.

bb

ionlyski

I never found this info before. I was looking for it two weeks ago. It still hasn't been covered fully step by step but at least now I know where to look, what the heck the DPF even is and I might be able to remove it when I need to. It sounds like that's gonna happen too. I pulled a dpf code last week of some type but now it's gone and hasn't come back for the moment.

Thanks for this information.

Arne

A440

The Best Western comment had me scratching my head as well.

A440

If anybody has had a good experience with one of the dpf cleaning services that they can recommend I would much appreciate it. Yes bb I did a search and have a list of companies, but some info good or bad about particular ones would be nice

Gary

BBlessing

61k happy miles
If anybody has had a good experience with one of the dpf cleaning services that they can recommend I would much appreciate it. Yes bb I did a search and have a list of companies, but some info good or bad about particular ones would be nice

Gary

well I have nothing for you there but I wish you the best of luck. I might suggest google searches for reviews of each company before you pull the trigger on one. please keep us all up to date on your progress. maybe this thread will help someone else in the future.

bb

nctrailseeker

Gary

I couldn't agree more. This is an awesome forum, but try to use the search option above and it still may take you a week to sort through all the previous post for the specific answers you're looking for. I know I myself have asked more than one question on this forum that has been answered countless times, but it's not like I have countless time to get the answer I need at the moment.
just sayin':cheers:

Last edited:

There are forums that I frequent where I am very knowledgeable of the subject and try to help as many people as I can. Hopefully I misread the intent of your post. OK minor rant over

Gary
I try to help also, but sometimes it seems that there are people who aren't willing to even try and help themselves. As time goes on so much of this stuff has been discussed ad nauseum.

I completely understand that there are many people who are search impaired. Sometimes it's related to limited access and technology, and sometimes it's other reasons.

What I don't understand is those members who refuse to take the time to at least add their vehicle information so it automatically shows up on each post. Can anyone provide me some insight on that one? I retract the question as it will take us even more off topic.

vic

A Canned Posting Add-on

Please take the time to add your vehicle info to all your posts automatically!!!!! It's easy to do. It will help you to get answers. Thank you.

Here's how to do it.

The most direct method is probably in your "Details".
After you are logged in click on "Private Messages" (or “Quick Links”) in the upper right corner.
On the left side under "Your Profile" click on "Edit your Details".
Scroll down to the "Custom User Title" box.
Click in that box and type the information.
I suggest “Vehicle year – NAFTA or 311, etc.” depending upon your location.
Scroll down to the "Save Changes" box. Click on that and you are done.

Another place is in your "Signature".
Click on "Private Messages" (or “Quick Links”) in the upper right.
On the left look for "Setting and Options".
Click on "Edit Signature".
Scroll down to the text box which looks like what you use to add a post to the forum. Type in the information you want.
I used “NAFTA 2004 OM647 140 2500 Std Roof >246,000 mi. DAD”
Scroll down to "Preview Signature". If the preview looks like what you want, scroll down to "Save Signature", click on that and you're done.

Can't see Signature and Avatar Info?
Go to Quick Links in the blue bar above.
Click "Edit Options".
Scroll to "Thread Display Options".
Look to see if "Show Signatures" and "Show Avatars" are checked.
Click on them if not.
Go down to "Save Changes".

I don’t know what objection anyone could have to adding their model year and Sprinter detail information permanently. (You don’t need to include your location.) Consider it this way. Members of the forum will try to help you. Do you think that it is fair for one to expect anyone to dig up your vehicle information before they reply? You only need to add the info once using the guide above and you’re done. Sorry if I'm being too straightforward for some.

Thanks. vic

Last edited:

Trayscott

I try to help also, but sometimes it seems that there are people who aren't willing to even try and help themselves. As time goes on so much of this stuff has been discussed ad nauseum.

I completely understand that there are many people who are search impaired. Sometimes it's related to limited access and technology, and sometimes it's other reasons.

What I don't understand is those members who refuse to take the time to at least add their vehicle information so it automatically shows up on each post. Can anyone provide me some insight on that one? I retract the question as it will take us even more off topic.

vic

A Canned Posting Add-on

Please take the time to add your vehicle info to all your posts automatically!!!!! It's easy to do. It will help you to get answers. Thank you.

Here's how to do it.

The most direct method is probably in your "Details".
After you are logged in click on "Private Messages" (or “Quick Links”) in the upper right corner.
On the left side under "Your Profile" click on "Edit your Details".
Scroll down to the "Custom User Title" box.
Click in that box and type the information.
I suggest “Vehicle year – NAFTA or 311, etc.” depending upon your location.
Scroll down to the "Save Changes" box. Click on that and you are done.

Another place is in your "Signature".
Click on "Private Messages" (or “Quick Links”) in the upper right.
On the left look for "Setting and Options".
Click on "Edit Signature".
Scroll down to the text box which looks like what you use to add a post to the forum. Type in the information you want.
I used “NAFTA 2004 OM647 140 2500 Std Roof >246,000 mi. DAD”
Scroll down to "Preview Signature". If the preview looks like what you want, scroll down to "Save Signature", click on that and you're done.

I don’t know what objection anyone could have to adding their model year and Sprinter detail information permanently. (You don’t need to include your location.) Consider it this way. Members of the forum will try to help you. Do you think that it is fair for one to expect anyone to dig up your vehicle information before they reply? You only need to add the info once using the guide above and you’re done. Sorry if I'm being too straightforward for some.

Thanks. vic
Vic, just for point of reference and or I am completely blind, I have no idea what van YOU have via your posts. A T1N from what I gather from other ones. Not sure if mine shows up although I put it in somewhere. What am I missing?

Trayscott

Vic, just for point of reference and or I am completely blind, I have no idea what van YOU have via your posts. A T1N from what I gather from other ones. Not sure if mine shows up although I put it in somewhere. What am I missing?
Just reviewed my info and clicked the button to see what others see and it showed my description but does not show up on any posts

Top Bottom