Any Sprinter Mechanics in San Diego?

riskydnb

Well, besides the dealers? Got no love for them...:idunno:
I have a mechanic shop in Phoenix that specializes in Sprinter repair. I goto SD twice a month to sell parts/tires for sprinters. I can look at your vehicle and get you parts cheaper than anyone else. Call me if interested @ 760-622-0148 -Randy

calbiker

Might want to try German Auto Repair in Escondido. I have mixed feelings about them. They replaced my tranny, but over filled the fluid.

Aldo667

Just a follow up here. I ended up taking my Van to Big Reds Auto Performance. I did not have a good experience. They did not do good work and had my Van for 2 weeks. They stripped a glow plug and actually made a coolant leak I had worse and I had to go in, find it, and fix it myself. Look elsewhere.

Tim at The Sprinter Pit Stop off of Miramar Rd. San Diego has never down me wrong.

A couple of years ago or so, I went to Big Reds in Escondido for a tranny service. I provided all the parts and fluids from Europarts SD. The new tranny plastic module leaked from the git go. Europarts sent a replacement no charge no questions asked. What I recall about Big Reds is they have a couple of competent mechanics, but also some rookies they give some jobs to. This observation was my own and no one else's.

It must have been the placement of the o-ring gone wrong.

After that experience I heard about the Sprinter Pit Stop and never looked back. No need to. Glad to have Tim and company a half hour away.

justgettingstarted

Fast Learner
Tim at sprinter pitstop is charging $150/hour for labor, not sure if that's standard but it seems pretty high... he is charging the same rate as some doctors, so I have been skeptical.

Happy29

2020 2500 OM642 4x2 170HR

I’ve not been to the San Diego location only Vista. Maxim knows his Sprinters. There is no fancy waiting room and you don’t pay for it either.

jrod5150

Tim at sprinter pitstop is charging $150/hour for labor, not sure if that's standard but it seems pretty high... he is charging the same rate as some doctors, so I have been skeptical.
For a major city in California $150 per hour is very fair. Your also not paying for a general mechanics learning curve time.

Dealers are in $225/hr to $250/hr range. Unless you are competent to do the work yourself, $150/hr shop time is a good deal.

If you are shopping around for a doctor, would you choose the cheapest one you could find? Not likely.

What is Maxims hourly shop charge in Vista? Every alternative is good for the market place. The more choices the better for us at their mercy.

Top Bottom