my first driveability problem

amirbtalai

I let my fuel level get really low. 580 miles, then filled up with 25.8 gallons.
This normally wouldn't be of concern, but then 40 miles later I got a check engine light
and driveability problems. Loss of power, shuts off at 35mph. Then won't go over 2500rpm.

The only reason I'm afraid this might be related to running low is that there is an unusual noise
coming from the fuel pump which I have not heard before; the sound of turbo pressure escaping from
a broken intake pipe kind of sound.

Anyone had this problem? And also I filled up with biodiesel from Western States Oil. I've used this several
times before, with no problems, and no change in performance.

The van has 16K miles.

Last edited:

talkinghorse43

I let my fuel level get really low. 580 miles, then filled up with 25.8 gallons.
This normally wouldn't be of concern, but then 40 miles later I got a check engine light
and driveability problems. Loss of power, shuts off at 35mph. Then won't go over 2500rpm.

The only reason I'm afraid this might be related to running low is that there is an unusual noise
coming from the fuel pump which I have not heard before; sounds like turbo pressure escaping from
a broken intake pipe.

Anyone had this problem? And also I filled up with biodiesel from Western States Oil. I've used this several
times before, with no problems, and no change in performance.
If your van is an '04-06, sounds like a broken turboresonator or split hose somewhere downstream of turbo. If an '02-03, could be split hose downstream of turbo. 25.8 gals is not terribly low for my '02.

Top Bottom