PDA

View Full Version : Instument Cluster

woodash
08-18-2013, 06:55 PM
I have a check engine led light OUT on my dash and cannot pass smog without the light illuminating for the 2-3 seconds in the start up of procedure. I attempted to solder a new led to the circuit board but my results were the same-NO LIGHT. I am not sure why the light would not be illuminated, unless the board is somehow damaged or perhaps the resistor on the back side of the light is damaged. I don't know and am not familiar enough with circuit boards. The part number off of my cluster is: DC A00446 8121. When I look in the dodge parts catalog I see several different clusters with different part numbers. Will any of these work? Also will any cluster from 2002-2006 work? My cluster does have the low fuel pressure light which is unique to the 2002-2003 model, but I assume all dash clusters have the light, but only my engine has the sensor to communicate. Any help, suggestions, or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

woodash
08-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Also, is any programming of a replacement cluster required or is it just a plug and go procedure? Meaning does the ECU recognize the replacement cluster and display accurate odometer reading?

bc339
08-18-2013, 08:19 PM
After replacing an instrument cluster, it will need to be programmed by a DRB III or equivalent device. The short reason is because the instrument cluster has to be programmed to your vehicle's configuration and options. Not all Sprinters were created equal.

There is a detailed description in the service manual - if you don't have one, it can be downloaded from here: http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26431

Bruce

woodash
08-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Turned out to be a bad diode or diode connection behind check engine light. I was able to repair myself with a soldering iron and much help from fellow forum member SIKWAN. Thank you.